1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tv settop box

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rtrg, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Please move as needed. I am using a standard set top box provided by my cable co. My local PBS station broadcasts in STEREO most of the time, especially for their music specials. Does the RF input connection receive this STEREO signal and in turn pass it to the STEREO output connectors? In this way I can record stereo using my vcr, dvdr, cassette. I tried it with my vcr but got only a mixed mono signal. I can however connect my amplipher to those connectors and receive stereo. This is contradictory. The only difference between recording to the vcr using the line in jacks is the source, stereo from another unit, mono from the set top. Is there a solution? Or am I stuck with mono from the box? Any info welcome. My provider sent me an email that does not address the question. Thanks in advance. If I record from dvd through vcr to amp stereo is preserved. As always I am confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.