1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV System Does Not Match DVD Playback Problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Salazar, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Salazar

Salazar Member

Hey guys. I am getting this message when I try to play my burnt DVD on my Television.

"TV System Does Not Match"

Can anybody tell me what the problem is please.
    Thanks in advance.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Sounds like the region code is different. Did you make sure it was region 1 (assuming you are in the US or Canada) when you burnt it?

3. Salazar

Salazar Member

Im sorry I am a newb...what do you mean by region 1? Do you mean MPEG 1?? By the way I am using TMPEG Encoder Plus and TMPEG DVD Author. Which do I use NTSC or PAL? I used NTSC and I just put encoded the video file by itself with TMPEG Enc. Plus. But I made the estimated file size smaller so I could fit the AC3 audio on the DVD. Could that be the problem?
    In advance thanks for you help

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Regions don't have anything to do with the mpeg encoding. DVDs in different countries have different regions. For example, you cannot buy a DVD from Europe, and play it in an American Region 1 DVD Player. Some new ones are multi-region, but not most. Regions are made to ensure that consumers purchase DVDs from their country only.

Check out this site for more details:
    http://www.laserrot.com/info/lrinfo/dvdmap.html

I would suspect that wherever you acquired your DVD-R from was not from your region. If you have PowerDVD, you can switch regions, so it may be able to tell you.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

sorry I missed the part about NTSC. If you made it NTSC than it should be region 1. What did you use to burn the DVD? Nero?

6. Salazar

Salazar Member

No I used Clone DVD to burn. I am having problems burning with Nero so I used Clone DVD. Plus I think even if I used Nero to burn I would have the same oucome. Because...After I use TMPGEnc. to encode I try to put the video in My Roxio Easy DVD Creator and the message if I want it to be a VCD, SVCD, or DVD...I have no option I can't use any of those three none of them are lit up green so I can't burn it to use VCD, SVCD, or DVD. I put it in the project and it says the video won't display properly. I also use Virtual Dub too..After I encode and take out the AC3 audio out of my AVI using Virtual Dub it let's me use the options VCD and SVCD for my project in Roxio Easy DVD Creator. So I am thinking it's a problem with the TMPEG Encoder Plus problem. I am getting really frustrated I have tried about 40 different ways trying to get my movie downloaded on to a DVD that actually has decent sound and good video display that works on my television. I have tried not using TMPG Encoder Plus or any other program and just using Roxio Easy DVD Creator. My movie is a XVID Mpeg 4 with AC3 Audio. The only problem with just using Roxio Easy DVD Creator by itself is if I put the movie onto DVD using it with AC3 Filter the audio sounds crappy as hell to say the least. I am about ready to give up..PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Thats strange man, I've never had problems with Tmpgenc or virtualdub like that before. Have you tried playing the DVD on a different player? What happens when you play it on your computer?

If AC3 is all you're putting on there, with no stereo sound, then maybe your player can't read AC3 and thats why. If not, I have no clue, sorry man. I would just try different options in the programs to see if that changes anything.

8. Salazar

Salazar Member

I have tried playing it on different DVD players and I get the same outcome. When I play it on my computer it plays fine..the video is perfect and the audio is perfect. If AC3 Filter wasn't a piece of crap program I would be watching my movies on TV along time ago. Well, I mean if AC3 Filter wasn't so crappy when putting movies onto DVD. AC3 filter works fine when I just play the movie on my computer without putting it on to DVD. Thanks for trying to help me anyway..

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey salazar, sounds like those stand alone players can't read you backups while your pc can read them perfect.Sounds more like a media issue.Try a high quality branded media.This usually fixes the problems.This is something simple you can try. Good luck.

10. Salazar

Salazar Member

Thanks Saugmun..I have Memorex DVDRW's and TDK DVDR's are these good brands to use?

11. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey salazar,I would stick with the tdk's.The memorex might give you trouble.If you can,try some maxell's.That is some of the better store bought media.Memorex has too many issues. They say only 10% of them are decent,the rest are landfill material.What format are you burning,+ ,- , or both? Later