1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV vs. Computer Monitor

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by luan87us, Jan 5, 2006.

1. luan87us

luan87us Regular member

I'm a real noob in this. Which is better between those 2? I have a 25" SONY WEGA Flat Screen, and for my compter I have a HPvs17 Flat Panel(which i think is a LCD, cuz it thin, or LCD different) but when i plug the computer to my Sony TV the quality of movies and games are much better than my monitor what is wrong? I have a GeForce 6600GT 128mb DDR3 video card so that not a problem. Cuz i played Halo 1 on both screen and i think the TV look better than my LCD screen. Does that mean My LCD screen fake. By the way i'm using 1280x1024 pixels for my monitor resolution and the refresh rate is 60Hz. Some body give me some comment.

2. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

maybe it looks worse on your monitor because the contrast and brightness settings have been screwed with? just a thought. try downloading a utility that helps you configure your color and brightness settings, a google search will help you more than I can.

3. luan87us

luan87us Regular member

i don't mean my monitor look worst, it just not as good as the tv, isn't it suppose to look better, and by the way i have never messed with the contrast or anything, i mean if i watch a movie from my comp it look sharper on my tv, on my monitor the color is better but the immage quality is kinda lower, like dvd quality on tv and some thing a little bit lower my monitor avi may be, wat is the problem

4. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

what type of connection do you use to connect pc/monitor or pc/tv?