1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin turner

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by munster17, Jul 14, 2013.

1. munster17

munster17 Member

What is the best box that can be used like a skyplus box pause rewind record and can be for C S

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

the new solo2 is getting good reviews.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

is it not worth buying a cheap and cheerful box at the current climate? see how it pans out first?
    yes i know he wants pause and rewind etc but the way things are I would spend as little

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

reading so many cheap boxes having problems and may have issues if they add a motorised setup,if they want it for footy will they get it?

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

vu duo box, old version, clone or original all good. as tongs says wud not buy a new box at the moment but you will get an old duo or a clone for a decent price these days

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

do the clone duos not have issues with second tuners?

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

never had any particular issue with clone duo

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

must correct last statement as it is not consistent with previous posts. have had issue with clone duo LCD display not working, had issue with simply the internals of the clone duo looking like a bomb hit it and had issues where if you switch from one channel to another the tuner seems to struggle to pick up the new frequency. now if I switch back to previous channel and back to current channel again it does work. its a clone and cheaper than original duo so am willing to give it a chance. quality wise the tuner supplies high def well (standard def is crap on both clone and original duo), however since mine is an original i cant qualify the comment that the clone can't run a motorized setup well. certainly my box has never had a problem running my motorized dish using usals

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

it was the photos on another forum of a duo clone that horrified me,water stains and rusty legs and solder on boards,electric shock and fires mean nothing to the clones.some people might have got a lucky box.