1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two Dvd drives not recognized after Window 7 reinstall

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by youeatpoo, Jan 17, 2011.

1. youeatpoo

youeatpoo Member

Recently I just reinstalled Window 7 because the computer seemed sluggish and graphic driver glitches occurred more often than normal. Once it was reinstalled though i realized that it could not detect my pioneer dvr-111dbk cd/dvd reader/writer and a Samsung super writermaster cd/dvd reader/writer drive (i don't know specific model for this one). So i went ahead and tried to automatically get the drivers with driver genius but it failed to get them to work. Then i went ahead and tried to search for the drivers manually. The only driver i found manually was the pioneer dvr-111dbk but when I tried to install the drivers it returned a message saying "Available target is not found." Anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what shows up in device manager as in exclamation mark or unknown device? i presume the bios still sees the drives?

3. youeatpoo

youeatpoo Member

Nothing shows up at all under the device manager(for the dvd drives) and I would presume the mobo recognizes the dvd drives since I can still use them for install disc but i have not checked that yet. I will update once I restart my computer to see if ti does or not.

Edit: I just checked and the Jmicron controller does see the two dvd drives, so no fault on the motherboard.

Edit 2: about five minutes after the restart to see if mobo could see the dvd drives, i booted up and i went into device manager and on a whim, i clicked the Jmicron storage controller, and clicked update. It ended up installing something called Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller which was able to fix the problem and now the Jmicron Storage controller has disappeared from Device Manager, but it would seem like it is fixed now.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

so all working now?