1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two files of the same movie? (not FS vs. WS)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gravykid, Jan 25, 2005.

1. gravykid

gravykid Member

Question. I have been make backups for quite a while, and notice on some movies that there appears to be two copies of the movie when I use CloneDVD. I use Decrypter to grab all the files, then use CloneDVD to copy all of the menus and titles. I notice that there are two files exactly the same size that appear to be the movie (eg. Troy) yet the version of the movie is only widescreen. Why? And can I remove one of them to lessen the compression when re-encoding?

2. gravykid

gravykid Member

I believe I might have answered my own question. I should have noted that I live in Canada and our lovely country recognizes two official languages, English & French! The "second" movie appears to be the French version. When unchecking the "second" movie, the compression percentage does not make much of a difference (1-2%). It appears as though it is the movie, just with the text being all in French. Guess I should have just played around with it a little more! Merci beaucoup!!