1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two largely unrelated but equally annoying playback problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by barflyuk, May 10, 2007.

1. barflyuk

barflyuk Member

Hey there - I've been watching a bunch of DivX files lately and two problems have cropped up which I'd really appreciate some help with...

1. I have an ultra-widescreen DivX movie which when viewed is correctly proportioned in 221:100 (in VLC); however, for some reason it seems to open as 16:9 by default (in both BSPlayer & VLC). I want to burn the file to a DVD (using the 'Make Your Own DVD' function in Nero) in order to watch it on my TV, so is there a way that I can change the default proportion setting in the file? If not I guess I could just fatten up the picture with my TV's proportion display, though then I'll be cutting off the sides, so it won't be ultra-widescreen anymore.

2. I have a DivX file whose audio is out of sync: the video comes earlier than the audio, making it totally unwatchable. How can I fix this? (NB I searched around for an answer, and this is NOT the following problem - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/505737 - rather, the audio/video are permanently & consistently out of sync, from the very beginning of the file).

I'm guessing fixing either of those will require VirtualDub so I've reinstalled it (didn't think I'd ever need to use it, but looks like I do). A quick fix in Nero during the burning stage would be best for me, but I doubt that's possible.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help, and apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere - if so just point me in the right direction :)

Much appreciated,

--Martin

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try this first

From 'Mistycat' Drag your file into the top window, highlight it and select "generate data". In the lower window' highlight the audio and if anything other than 0 appears to the right, select "start" and in a minute or two you'll have a new file to use.

AVIMux
    http://aubrun.jeanpierre.free.fr/avimux/avimux04.zip