1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two part question regarding ISO file and a CD-RW coaster!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cdneger, Sep 24, 2003.

1. cdneger

cdneger Member

Hello.
    I tried burning an ISO onto a CD-RW, after I made a coaster buring it onto a CD-R. Now I have a CD-RW coaster!
    Q1: How come this ISO file in particular will not burn where many before it have?
    Q2: How can I get this CD-RW to erase? No reader or writer will recognise it's contents so it's useless! :(

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Mount the iso using Daemon Tools and try and play from a created virtual stealth drive and see if it will launch. Also, download ClonyXXL and after you mount the iso, scan the virtual stealth drive to determine if there is any cd protection m8. Another option is to use CDMage (freebie) and extract the iso.

ClonyXXL
    http://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/clonyxxl.cfm

Shoey :)

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What ISO?
    2. Just do a full erase regardless of whether it recognizes the data or not
    3. What burner do you have? Burning app?

4. cdneger

cdneger Member

1. What ISO?
    It's MOHAA CD 01
    2. Just do a full erase regardless of whether it recognizes the data or not
    Cannot. When I insert the cd-rw it just says there is data on it, but doesn't recognise the data. Then when I want to erase I can't because somehow it just doesn't show the 'erase' command! So I'm stuck with a not-empty, not-full cd-rw. It's in limbo!
    3. What burner do you have? Burning app?
    A Sony, with Clone CD, Nero, Blindwrite, Alcohol... You name it! I have Daemon Tools, the Image works because I installed the game without having burnt it, but now this. :)

5. Praetor

Are you trying to do a DirectCD full erase? cuz thats completely different from what i was considering. Checked ASPI?

6. cdneger

cdneger Member

Hehehe I just did... something. I now have a usable cd-rw, BUT, and it's a pretty big but, I managed to get it formatted to act as a big floppy, or so InCD told me, but that's not what I want! :)
    And still I can't erase! Lol! This is getting rediculous.
    Whenever I insert this disc not only can I not erase it, Nero won't even start up because InCD apparently has access to this disk. Now what?

7. Praetor

I knew it had something to do with the damn DirectCD crap... to be honest i cant remember how to get rid of the damn thing hehe... me.. i never installed it in the first place... i mean you could try uninstalling inCd.... wait a sec.. wasnt there an option in the incd format command to remove the directcd stuff (i.e., make it a regular RW again?)

I dunno its 4:55AM here.... class at 0830... hehe._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  8. cdneger

cdneger Member

You should probably get some sleep? :)
    When you remember how to remove the InCd stuff, feel free to tell me!
    Good luck with your class.....

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The reason why you might be encountering coasters is simply because MOHAA (Medal Of Honor: Allied Assualt) is Safedisc 2.51 cd protected m8. What model# Sony do you own?
    Late model Sony cd burners are in the class of "2 sheep" burners (efm encoding) that write regular bit patterns correctly I recommend burning to a cd-r.
    http://www.portmac.com/Private/protection_screenshots/MOHAA.gif

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2003