1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Passes - How to merge the files

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by vicdur, Sep 21, 2002.

1. vicdur

vicdur Member

I made two DivX files by using the Guide for copying DVDs to DivX, VirtualDub & multipass DivX. I ended with one separate file for each pass. Both look great and I can play them. Just, how to play them together? Would somebody know?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2002
  2. Deznaj

Deznaj Regular member

Uhm, if you done this the right way then the SECOND avi should be the movie! You don't have to merge anything. The first is just a template or something for the real avi, the second one!

3. Smithjoe1

Smithjoe1 Member

I also had the seccond one, the first one is unreadable and the seccond on is tilted had lines all through it and has no sound.

4. Wire

Wire Guest

The original DVD movie is Interlaced You didn't make De-interlacing. You have to do it if you want get off those lines. In case you have to do all process again

5. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

using DVD2AVI,

1. Select View->Preview.
    2. Select View->Statistics and the Statistics window should appear.

take note what the frame type is.. if it is interlaced, then yes you need to deinterlace.

This is all part of the step by step guide, so you might want to try doing this again following the guide word for word.

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2divx_anamorphic.cfm

try this, it should help. if not, please start a new thread and you should get the help you need.