1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two SATA hard drives

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gabster01, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. gabster01

    gabster01 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Ok guys, I need a lil help.....

    My computer is running on a SATA hard drive. The hard drive recently started giving me problems, and isnt booting up anymore. So I decided to buy another SATA hard drive install WIN XP on it and transfer all of my files over to the new hard drive.

    Now, I have the OS installed and both hard drives connected, and my computer is still booting up from the old hard drive. I cant figure out how to change the new SATA hard drive to become the primary and boot from there in the BIOS. Is there a different BIOS for SATA so I can boot from the new hard drive?

    Someone please help!!
     
  2. The_OGS

    The_OGS Active member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2004
    Messages:
    1,461
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    In your computer's BIOS setup, you instruct it which device to boot from & in what order.
    You hold 'Del' or some key, unique to your motherboard, to enter BIOS setup when you first power-on the PC.
    Regards
     

Share This Page