1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two video parts.. Two .Subs.. What now?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ecko123, Jan 10, 2006.

1. ecko123

ecko123 Member

Hi, I was wondering how I can encode two video parts with two .sub and .idx files to DVD. I wanna be able to select the two text languages on the subs so what programs would I need to use? Thanks

2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

ecko,

If I understand you correctly you have two sepparate video files and two separate subtitle files and you want to create a DVD project with only one file and subs? Is that correct?

If so, then you need to merge both video files and subtitle files. For video use virtualDub if your files are AVI or DV-tools if MPG. Once joined, merge the subtitles using subtitle workshop, which also allows you to synch the new subs to the merged video file (in order to maintain synchronicity)

3. ecko123

ecko123 Member

yes thank you, but my problem is that the .sub files contain two languages and I would like to keep them both. However, there does not seem to be any software that supports .sub and .idx files. Also what avi2dvd conversion tool would you recommend for best video quality?

4. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

you have a single subtitle file with two languages? Weird. That never ever happened to me. I usually have a single file for each language.

When you mean avi2dvd you mean an MPEG-2 encoder? If so, I usually use Canopus and it provides a very good output in my opinion.

5. subzerohc

subzerohc Member

You can join the subtitle files with VobSub using its subtitle joiner (.idx & .sub files are created by VobSub). You can encode the .avi to Mpeg-2 with TMPGEnc Xpress; then author it for DVD & burn with Nero Vision (it comes bundled with Nero 7).