1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TYPING HIJACK THIS OR CCLEANER IN INTERNET EXPLORER SHUTS INTERNET EXPLORER DOWN

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by vincentd, Mar 19, 2007.

1. vincentd

vincentd Member

Please help me. Whenever I try to type ccleaner or hijackthis in internet explorer, shuts down internet explorer and back to my desktop window.
    I scanned several times my pc, No Virus Found.

They were installed on my pc, and it took me a lot to delete them cause I was thinking that there may be a conflict, and then I tried to dowload them again, and when I type their name in search, internet explorer shuts down. Only shuts down when I type ccleaner or hijackthis. Please help me solve this.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Try this tool...

http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/

I wouldn't be surprised if your spyware problems cleaned up. Also try running AVG Antispyware, Ad-Aware, also I highly recommend a program called a-squared by Emsi Soft. It is the best antispyware program I have and a basic version of it is offered for free.

So if I had to recommend the programs I would say go with a-squared, then AVG Antispyware (formerly Ewido AntiSpyware) and, Ad-Aware last.