1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U*C Mulitroom In Different House

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by stevey2k, Aug 31, 2011.

1. stevey2k

stevey2k Member

Is it possible to get the U*C multiroom and install it in a different house, i know this is possible with sky as they dont no were the box is being plugged into, would it be the same with the cable?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yes it is, providing its a cable area and not a MMDS area, different boxs, lots do this, take a sub with 3 or 4 boxs, get the full packages, then split it 4 ways, reduces the costs right down, so if the 4 boxs plus all the sports, come to say, for pig iron, 90 euros per month, split that by 4, thats 22.50 per head, big saving, those figures are just to give you an idea.

Regarding Sky, unless its a FTA box then your correct, no way of checking it, but if your paying for subs, then the fone line tells em whats what....

3. stevey2k

stevey2k Member

didnt even no you could still get MMDS, yeh it does work out a lot cheaper 5e for the standard box is there risk of U*C finding out the box is in a different house tho?

I heard that before that you need to connect them to a phone line, but i know a few people that have the full subs and getting away with it :D

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

MMDS down the country mostly, but no, they wont know as its the same signal that goes to all the houses, its the card that dictates what you get, so, you will be grand,