1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U3 Cruzer 2.GB thumb drive error need Help Plz!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by CDC, Jan 9, 2007.

1. CDC

CDC Member

I have disconnected the device several times and tried again. What happened was I went to a computer shop that fixes computers and the boy was going to give me a copy of some software but I forgot to tell him you have to exit the thumb drive . And now it is giving this error message Is there a way around this other than formatting because I import pictures on this thumb drive that came out of my aunt trial that bunt ;(

An error has occurred while initialzing U3 launch pad : driver I is unavailable for and formatted. U3 Lauchpad will close now . Please format the drive, disconnect the U3 device and try again . Any help is appreciated...i don't know how to fix this problem i have been told to format it but i tried by right clicking on the drive and click format but it says windows can't format? i have tried to format it with no luck i Need Help Plz! I have very important pictures that was in my aunts trailer they are family pic i am going to make a DVD slide show with the picz ...she got burned Real bad in the trailer fire and I found some of her photos and i'm going to make her a slide show and I back them up on my thumb drive ... but it has been giving me this error .... if any one reads this plz tell me what to do .thnx http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/doug321/MyAuntHowILoveVeryVeryMuchSo.jpg

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

Boot off a Windows xp disk or anykind of O.S. Disk and go to the screen where you format drives, Thne just format your USB jump drive. i have the same drive and its a piece of sh*t id say get a different one.
    P.S. thats one Really F*cked up photo in your message.

3. CDC

CDC Member

THAT IS MY ANUT MAN SHE Nearly Died in that trial Fire show some respect;) The boy at the computer shop said that the usb thumb drive wouldn’t install on the compter that day he said it starting installing the U3 software on the computer but then froze up. He said it give him the same error ... he also said he was going to look for some software that would uninstall the U3 program because the u3 program is corrupted and it is locked he said the thumb drive is Locked me Out it will not let you formatted it .

4. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

5. CDC

CDC Member

yea she lost here fingers on her left hand where she got burnt so bad all she has left is her Palm with no fingers she is getting much better And i thank God for pulling her though it all;) Thnx Man

6. CDC

CDC Member

the thumb drive is corrupted I don't know what to do to fix it ...if anyone read's this and knows what to do to fix it please let me know what software to use . Thanks in advanced

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

8. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

CDC,

How did you make out? Hope you got your thumbdrive problem resolved.

ddp,

Is this a common problem with thumb drives or the U3 launchpad in particular? I looked at the model I got for my son, I don't believe the U3 launchpad comes preloaded. I'm going to tell him not to!

I have an OCZ and my other son has a Corsair, neither of us has had any problems. Any special care?

9. gordon65

gordon65 Member

10. CDC

CDC Member

I’ve tried this software with only error . thnx ;) I did find a software call ImageRecall3 and it worked but you have to buy it before it will do the whole drive it will only recover 10 Pic … it cost as much as a new drive.

11. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

CDC,

I see you found your way to the U3 forum, not much help?

I found this.....price seems fairly reasonable. It is for thumb drives, I checked the link in the Advanced File Recovery section They let you try it, and you decide whether you want to pay to recover files. It appears to be a one time recovery only?

http://www.digitalfilerecovery.com/

http://www.tucows.com/preview/428905

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  12. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007