1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by lecsiy, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

whats with linux xp any one know what its about?

and has ubuntu fixed secerity issues?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

hm, i knew there was a reason why i wanted to subscribe to this one...
    Gues i should have payed more attention.

To answer some questions : Knoppix-STD and Backtrack 2 (@ work), when not using Debian or Corporate SuSE (@ home, and corp. SuSE at work as well).

@fullhack : i'd expect someone sporting a name like that to come up with a good reason to disagree, other than mentioning bugzilla *which is stupid, because broken dependancies don't get reported that way, nor do techies that find exploits...*

@ ahrel : et tu? well let me serve you with a late reply then.
    The problem i have isn't the exploits themselves, it's THE AMOUNT FOUND EACH MONTH.
    And of course all the broken dependancies, faulty apps, badly pre-configured installers, et al.

Now, you mention the auto-updating functions in Ubuntu...
    But i bet you didn't know most of these exploits don't find their way to the developers untill AFTER about a 100 or so suckers get "pwned" by some scriptkiddie who then uses said machine to either spam the world, or to Ddos some other "poor", "unfortunate" folks.
    and then there's the 0day exploits...
    But i feel i've said enough, as i seem to be repeating what i've said 20 times before.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I'm past caring.. really I am..

I don't give a flying f*** what people want to do, and I'm sick of trying to help when all I get is arguments and name calling.
    Is it because I'm a girl and all these boys think that by shouting at me they can force their wrong opinions on me???

Enough already.. I'm totally sick of the whole f****** lot of it...

If stupid know nothing c**** want to run broken and insecure sh1t and argue that it is the best thing going.. in the face of evidence to the contrary.. then that's fine by me .. Who am I to warn them..

F&#181ck it all.. the spammers and children can have it for all I care