1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UDF

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by slrpro02, Aug 21, 2007.

1. slrpro02

slrpro02 Guest

Hello
    My mother has a VHS to DVD standalone recorder. She made a DVD of our home movies. She asked me to make copies of the DVD. When I tried I got UDF format cannot be copied. I was using iomega hot burn pro. I`am new to copying&ripping DVD`s. Can anyone help??
    THANKS

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

3. slrpro02

slrpro02 Guest

Thanks aabbccdd. Sorry it took so long to say thanks. Been busy working on the house. I made 5 copies so far. My mother called & said she want`s 20 copies. She also want`s me to label them, so I stopped because my I don`t think I can print on my media (Verbatim DVD+R).Also I don`t have a printer for DVD.
    Can you or someone tell me what printer to buy??

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

If your discs are not all white, you probably cannot print directly on them. You have a couple of choices: hand write on them with a pen designed for writing on CDs/DVDs (Sharpies are fine.), print on a polyester label designed for DVDs and apply it with an accurate labeler, print on a paper label that would extend no more than a third of the way across the surface and apply it with an accurate labeler, or number the discs with a pen and put each in a matching jewel case. The first and last are your best options. Paper labels that cover the surface of the disc will damage the disc as the paper expands and contracts with moisture in the air. That would be the worst choice.

5. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

It depends on your location, I live in Australia and have bee using a Canon Pixma iP4000 for at least 2 years with great success...later models are now available.

For excellent covers then you cant go past http://www.cdcovers.cc

Totally agree about the Verbatims...recently I have been using silver printables...excellent results.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  7. slrpro02

slrpro02 Guest

Hi all
    Thanks for all the replies, but I think I found the solution. I came across a tread about using a canon printer & a tray you buy on ebay. I talked with my mother & she said she was already going to buy a canon MP530. I read on http://pixma.allhyper.com/ that I can mod. it to work & print cd/dvd.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

keep in mind paper labels cause playback problems

make sure you go with an inkjet printer

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

That's virtually the exact same printer that I use. It's strange though because in the US it does NOT come with the tray and has to be modified as per link supplied. About a year ago I purchased a tray here in Australia and posted it to one of our AD members in the US.
    Reports from the member indicated that it was working perfectly for them, good luck with yours.

10. slrpro02

slrpro02 Guest

To aabbccdd
    When i`am done with the mod. the canon will print directly on the dvd. Wont need any labels.

11. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Using your Canon and the link I gave you expect to have images like this printed directly onto your DVDs...cannot tell the real ones

[​IMG]