1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem UFT 12.5 causes IE9 on Windows7 to crash (NHA)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jadentyhy, Oct 6, 2015.

1. jadentyhy

jadentyhy Member

I am using UFT 12.5 on a Windows 7 64bit PC. When using UFT against IE9 an "Internet Explorer has stopped working" error is returned. This happens even when using the Object Spy on an open browser. This often locks the entire PC requiring a forced restart.
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get UFT to work with IE9?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How should it feel for Chinese tourists bringing home MADE IN CHINA souvenirs from any country they visit[​IMG]...jokes on nha khoa

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

why not upgrade ie9 to ie11?

3. jadentyhy

jadentyhy Member

UFT 12.5 not worked in ie 11

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I worked with an software engineer and HP when i was certifying this software a couple months ago. I remember something about 2 windows updates have to be removed for the software to run correctly, though I can't remember if it was tested with IE9 or IE11 since our new image is packaged with IE11 standard. Also the ms script debugger that's packaged with UFT doesn't work. You can download a working one here.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22185

I'll pull my notes from the certification database on Monday and see if we've ran into this particular issue.

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

The version that I certified at work was UFT 12.02.2374.0. Also installed VuGen and Analysis

UFT will function with all add-ins besides the terminal add-in. You will need to install a terminal emulator.

Vugen needs KB3038314, KB3049563, and KB3058515 uninstalled to let the TruClient protocal run correctly.

Also needs the following firewall configs:
    *Internet Explorer: Domain, Home/Work, Public
    *HP.LR.ProxyRecorder: Domain, Home/Work. Public
    VuGen: Domain, Home/Work, Public

You can also try to add the target site to the compatibility settings in internet explorer.

Also we run IE11 here without any issues.