1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.uif files

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mikebou, Nov 24, 2006.

1. mikebou

mikebou Guest

Good morning,

i have a certain software in .uif format.
    now i know i am not that smart but i've burned the files to cd using magic iso.

when i insert the burnt disc it is the same file in .uif format and i cannot install it.
    can anyone help an idiot out ?

thanks
    mike

2. bkf

bkf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  3. mikebou

mikebou Guest

thanks for the reply, unfortunatley i guess i'm not that bright.

i now have the .uif file and an .iso file both the same size 600,092kb.
    in tools there is no decompress option using version 5.0

can anyone help ?
    thanks !

4. bkf

bkf Guest

If you followed the above link and instructions you should now have an uncompressed uif file turned into an iso file that you can burn. A iso file is the full exact data of a disc. Don't burn it as a data disc. Now it would be a copy disc because an iso is a disc.

5. mikebou

mikebou Guest

hi,
    how can i follow the instructions in the link when i do not have the options to

decompress or compress like in the first photo ?

what i have in tools are

make iso
    burn cd/dvd
    iso to bin
    bin to iso
    any format to iso
    any format to bin
    load boot image
    clear boot image
    make multi boot image
    dvd to vcd avi
    make boot image from floppy
    make floppy disc image
    write floppy disc image

those are the only options i have

thanks.

6. bkf

bkf Guest

see above i think we were typing at the same time. I just noticed on the magic site that uif format started with something like version 5.233 of something near that. your version may be just a small amount to old before they started using that format. These companys will drive you nuts with all their special little file formats. I vote for zip, rar or iso only.

7. mikebou

mikebou Guest

i have burned the iso file but i guess i did it wrong ?
    when i put in the disc i put the iso file on it just says in mycomputer that on the disc is the .uif file.

i'm not sure what to do.

8. bkf

bkf Guest

see above again. I added more, and likley you burned it as a data disc which would not do the conversion but rather just copy the orginal file over again.

9. mikebou

mikebou Guest

yeah sorry i'm completely lost.
    i have not a clue what to do.

i can't figure this one out at all.

sorry but thanks !

10. mikebou

mikebou Guest

i shall upgrade then and report back

thanks again.

11. mikebou

mikebou Guest

hi
    if you are there, i have upgraded and decompressed the file
    now i have a .bin file

is that right ?

thanks

12. bkf

bkf Guest

If it did truly decompress into a bin file then you have to burn that. I think we keep going around in circles and you end up with a data copy of the same file. Anyway you should be using a re writable disc so if there is something wrong you won't keep wasting discs. I was hoping it would have made an iso file. I swear all these formats were made to drive people nuts. Is Magic your only burning software? Now that you have a newer update we could try to extract the orginal file again and that should work. Ill have to read more on the Magic site. Magic iso is a good name.....Magic to get it to work easy. Who ever created this file using Magic should be !^$^**^*$%^*! There is just no reason. Actually I know.... They want you to use their software rather then .iso which works with everything.

13. mikebou

mikebou Guest

thanks bkf

i slept on it and tried again, once the .bin was burned it started the installation process. !!!

THANK YOU !