1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Users - Nagra 3 - Where we stand - Are you missing chans, A Rescan is all you can DO? and Updated with N3 areas in UK

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Hmm, doesn't sound good, i'll check all my connections again and retry.
    Just noticed aswell that i didn't have the latest firmware, going to reflash it now with the new 1, could that have had an effect?

2. e45

e45 Regular member

not on your scanning it wont have

3. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

F*ck, can you suggest anything to help, switch the homeplugs maybe or another way to boost the signal, we've got th XL tv package and Broadband so that shouldn't be an issue.

4. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

So connect the ethernet cable and homeplug to the modem not the router?
    Im choosing the right network, ex c&w, but just don't get the option of choosing network id, nightmare.

Could it be a router issue, maybe i have to activate the other ethernet ports on the back perhaps, it's been 2 years since i set it up.

5. e45

e45 Regular member

forget about the ethernet cable for now get the box scanned plug your cable from your wall into the box and scan it get that working first i suggest you go over the tutorial on page 1 of this thread and then you will have a better idea

6. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Just tried it downstairs, plugged the ethernet cable that was going into the modem by the Virgin Box into the Kryptview, still the same, not getting to choose network id and then it scans and finds nowt.
    We have a splitter that splits the direct virgin feed into the box and then the broadband.
    It's doing my head in here almost as much as it's doing your heads in having to read my ramblings.

I've followed the step by step guides off here to the letter and still no luck.

Any help would of course be massivlet apreciated, thanks to e45 and others for there's so far aswell.

7. e45

e45 Regular member

ok get the box off the net first and follow this fully

1 menu >>> installation >>>> factory default the box fully

2 next turn the box off at the back for 30 seconds then back on again next screen easy installation choose auto scan

3 Choose your provider on the top box and make sure the box under the provider is set at NETWORK and press the GREEN BUTTON ONLY

4 just leave the box you might get a message saying found 1 tp just leave it you will get the list of net id in a bit just give it time and dont touch it

try that for a start and let mr know

8. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Thanks for all the help e45, there was a problem with the splitter which was the issue.
    However, a new problem has arisen.
    Scanned the box downstairs next to the proper box, but i want the lrypt in my room.
    I've got an rf lead running from the front room through the celing into my room that i used to feed my starview 2, however, the rf input on the krypt is a screw on coxail.
    Should i just get 2 coax to rf adaptors, or just get a reel of coaxial cable and run that where i previously had the rf cable through the celing?

Trip to maplins is in order.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

yep just get 2 screw on adapters or a adapter for the box itself which will make the back of the box a push in

10. Hibbo17

Hibbo17 Member

Got it all working sound now, thanks for all the help, don't know how some of you put up with some of the nonsense posts that you get on here.

11. scandalu

scandalu Guest

i suppose it sounds like nonsense if you're not the one with the problem....thats what this forum is here to do...help those that need some guidence...without these forums,we'd have a lot of people puuling thier hair out!
    glad to hear that you're up and running now.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

ya have to put up with the good and bad here unfortunately

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

and the ugly

14. mark0288

mark0288 Regular member

hi was offered a Technomate TM1500 for 50 euro im on sky moveis packed was told i can move the dish to get free movies and sports on it on say hotbird .totaly new here help please

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

dont multipost, you asked the same question in the other thread

16. e45

e45 Regular member

Mark you wont get anything on that box unless you pay for a server you will just get FTA channels no more also if you move your dish your sky box will no longer pick up any of there channels so be aware of that

And if the ddigital is working like you said why would you want that box sure you will get that all on cable anyway

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  17. dpeake

dpeake Member

Krypt 750 sounds good, forgive me if this has been covered (i searched and searched for the answer ) is there any risk involved of using v4g4n broadband for this box, I mean do I need to hide the IP address or will the buggers be clueless to it all ?. ( I NEED SPORTS CHANNELS ! )

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yes, there is a risk,a min one, but one none the less, any provider can see what your doing, what the bo is doing is sending packet data, but as advised before, its not you the want mate and to date no one has been pinched, so the choice is yours......... its a Krypt A780 if you dont have a a A750 already, if you have an A750 get the ICONNECT for it

19. dpeake

dpeake Member

Thanks Mickah, life would be boring if ya don't take a few risks now and again lol, I don't have the A750 so the A780 it is. Any good suggestions on which website to buy from i don"t want a dud.

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

skywonder, but send em a mail also