1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Users - Nagra 3 - Where we stand - Are you missing chans, A Rescan is all you can DO? and Updated with N3 areas in UK

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Nov 5, 2009.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

@ Shard and others, I stated the boxs had 12 months life from the off as soon as it was confirmed to me directly, have said it from Jan of this year, some others tried to cloud what I and others were saying, saying they werent or not confirmed they were 12 months. thats cause they had a vested interest in them, either selling or re-selling em,

we also said tirelessly not to touch em, service was crap, time limit on them and other SV boxs, I have always advised to go with the Krypt, based on their history and service uptime, If folk chose not to listen, by all means thats their choice, But now its coming home to a lot of folk about the service and time limit, what e45 said is correct, buy cheap, buy twice, nothing smart in the comment, just the comment is being proven.

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Ok here ya go not my work but as you can see from this picture it has a date clearly marked into the firmware as soon as this box reaches this date the box will be cut off the server.

[​IMG]

also the latest firmware for the Sv7 also has an expiry date and after the this box reaches this limit this box will also have to be replaced.

from the very first day starview 6 came out i told everyone on here that the box would last 12mts and i was shot down all the time so who was right so its nothing to do with been anti starview its down to people getting the best deal and in my mind it was the Kryptview box

3. chip7

chip7 Member

so let me get this- the kyptview is working away in the uk just the same as it did when ireland hit the same point ...
    krypview for sale here !!!

4. e45

e45 Regular member

Kryptview works in the Uk since N3 has hit correct but you need a lan connection as well as a cable feed.

As for Ireland there is nothing working there at the present time.

5. chip7

chip7 Member

So could it work in Ireland on the same basis ?

6. e45

e45 Regular member

it could if it was set up but its not so it cant work

7. chip7

chip7 Member

Sorry mate I don't get you.
    I have a kryptview 750
    I have a live LAN cable at tv
    And have a cable feed.

Is it possible in Ireland ?

Cheers

8. e45

e45 Regular member

No impossible as there is nothing set up in ireland for it to work you would need firmware for your box which is not available for ireland and the uk one will not work for you second you would need an iconnector for the A750 as it dont have an inbuit lan connection on the box.

If they ever come to ireland the first thing you will need will be an Iconnect for your box to get it connected to the net.

then when it up and running firmware of course for it to make it work dont worry as soon as something stirs in ireland people will know as long as there is enough interest in this in ireland im sure someone will have another bash at it.

9. chip7

chip7 Member

Cheers mate. Good info there !

10. e45

e45 Regular member

yep as i say watch this space ya never know whats around the corner

11. skunka

skunka Member

Hi Guys. Just had a quick flick through here for starview 7 firmware links cant find anything off hand.

Think theres too much on the thread now for the search to work also. Any chance of a quick link to latest firmware please? Also im a krypt man myself but another pauper has bought 1 and now wants rescuing from the duldrums.

Cheers chaps. E45 MIKAH nice to see your still here supporting as you always have been. Although i see your still answering the same old questions
    :D

BTW for anyone else considering dipping into the starview market DONT

12. e45

e45 Regular member

plenty on info if you looked the server is dead so is your box at this time so wait and see if it ever gets going again

13. skunka

skunka Member

Thanks for that mate. Was just after the firmware anyway for my pen drive. Always worth having a backup of it.

Not to worry

Cheers

14. e45

e45 Regular member

back up of it ya having a laugh now no amount of firmware is going to get it to work if they dont have the equipment to run it.

15. skunka

skunka Member

Like you said before never throw things out. Theres always a possability.

Stop being so grumpy :D

16. gooner077

gooner077 Member

hi,i keep getting invalid mac on my kryptview a780 what does it mean im getting no channels thanks anyone knows whats the soloution?

17. steveo__

steveo__ Regular member

I heard on the grapevine today that starview were raided and that they have all the IP addresses of the users and will be prosecuting them over the next few months - whats the odds of this being true???

18. k4man

k4man Member

B***S*** This is 2011 not back to the future 5

19. mixfm

mixfm Guest

ive heard that starview will be back on in the next 3 weeks. watch this space, someone is working to get the server up again, with new firmware. the news was off a good sauce, so dont throw your box in the bin, there is too much money involved to let it die. a lot of unhappy people out there, like myself. if starview dont get it back up, people will never buy a starview box again. even if the rebrand it or change the name of the box. as for kryptview if they found stv server whats to say kryptview will stay on, i think virmin cardshare is not good buy for a 12 months, when u have to buy a new box every 12 months. starview 7 had problems from the start, i.e freezing a few chanells not on no ppv, i thing satelite is the way to look from now on, also i know people who invested a lot of money in them sv7 boxes from the start. so how about them, a few quid down, bad times.... fingers crossed,

20. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

They didnt find the server, its the card readers and all that goes with which was found,

and

and if or when it does, I cant see it lasting nor the same amount of chans either, i dont think its in peoples best interest to use it or stay with em either, it aint been done for you or your viewing pleasure, we all have good sources also

SV have been poor over the years and well documented issues, from ire to uk

Go sat or krypt, but for me, they have dirtied their bibe with punters far to long and why folks would even buy their products is beyond me or even consider staying with em either, cause in the scheme of things, it aint gonna last very long, take from that what you will

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011