1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK Users - Nagra 3 - Where we stand - Are you missing chans, A Rescan is all you can DO? and Updated with N3 areas in UK

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mixfm

mixfm Guest

i agree m8,

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think its best to go to an alternative at this stage, thats my opinion of course, but lets just say, they got pinched twice and now going for a 3rd, do folk seriously want to connect to a service like this and all probabilty's that can happen? Your asking for grief and heaps more if it.

Time to draw a line under it and move to one of the options I mention above, Sat or Krypt

Anyone that continues to use or trust SV, need their head examined

3. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Even if they did find the servers...would they really try and track people down with ip adds?...i personally dont think they have that much time on their hand to do such things...but on the other hand.."I am alittle concerned"

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

who knows, but they aint taking it lying down thats for sure

5. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

so..what can one say in a worst case scenario? if say the cops did came to my address and found a sv box, hidden away, or they traced the ip and accused me of illegal viewing?

I could say..yes i was using it as a FTA box....would they fall for that?

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah you could away with that seen as you have put c/f ( custom firmware ) on it. they wouldnt touch you seen as you have plugged it into router and got fta channels. smell the coffee and wake up. you bought it, tampered with it for free tv. but all jokes aside i doubt they will come for you. you bought a box ( like many others), server got shut down, virgin will be thinking he cant use his box anymore so he is pissed off. NOW lets go to town on the server people.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

its not illegal to own one of these boxs (under yer bed, in the press etc), its illegal to connect to a providers network, thats where you hit the legal trouble, secondly, they didnt get the server, the got the other items needed to run it, there is a difference, so I wouldnt be to worried about it,

But as I said previously, if anyone connects to this again, they need to be checked out in a hospital, cause they are plain stupid, lazy or both, cause they aint gonna be doing it for you, let me tell you that.

How many times do you need to be kicked in the nuts before ya realize its not a good thing, its hard to swallow, if you only got the box and handed over the cash, but in this game thats the big chance you take in any boxs and any CS situation, it can go tomorrow, such as this has and its something thats been said countless time to everyone, look at the ireland saga, no one took one blind bit of notice of that in the UK, no one learned from it and went ahead and bought one of the SV boxs

So for me cut yer loss's guys and go either SAT or Kryptview

8. djldan

djldan Member

Lots of us lost all channels on kryptview a780. e45 or Mickah or anyone, can you shed some light on this??????

cheers all.

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Read the End of Kryptview thread

10. djldan

djldan Member

Cheers for fast reply Mickah.
    Not the news I was hoping for. Still we know we are taking a chance with this stuff. Fingers crossed, but i dont hold much hope the server gets switched on again.

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Aye mate, think it could be a matter of time and it will come back on, but heres hoping it does!