1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead DVD Movie Factory2 Locking up

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mattison, Aug 31, 2003.

1. mattison

mattison Member

I'm trying to capture video from a ATI all-in-one wonder radeon 7500 video card.It will capture fine about 15 but if I go over that it will lock the pc up but the video will still be running on the screen the capture clock stops,mouse will not responed,nor the keyboard.

I'm running a athlon 900,512 meg of ram with win xp pro.

If anyone can help please.

2. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Sounds like you are stressing out your cpu. Are you capturing mpeg2 or avi or what?

3. mattison

mattison Member

I'm capturing avi.I change the capture plug-in to (ulead direct show) its not locking up anymore but after capturing about 45 min. of video I run out of drive space I have about 11 gig free ,How do I correct this?

4. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

When capturing in Uncompressed Avi it puts a tremendous amount of stress on your cpu and hard drive. Do you know offhand if it is a 5400rpm hard drive you own or is it a 7400rpm. it should say right on the top of the drive.

One thing I don't like about Ulead dvd movie factory id you cannot change the frame composition. The best program I have found for the job of capturing analogue vcr or tv is windvr 3.0.

Lots of free trials around, check it out.

What is your end goal. Like what format do you want in the end? If you want divx or xvid or something, you are better to capture in mpeg2 and convert it with divx.

Uncompressed Avi is a pain in the ass. You need a 200 gig hard drive to capture a tv show!