1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ulead dvd moviefactory help

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by andyfrank, May 2, 2004.

1. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

I have been using this program (mentioned in title) to put sum video files on dvd with menus for a long time and now its not working...when i add the video files nd configure the menu and then when i go to output it...it starts to convert the videos to MPEG...when it gets to about 5% it says:

Failed to reuse converted cache file:
    (4570)

..then i hit ok on the box..and then this one comes up:

unspecified error
    report ID: 0x800411da(4570)
    [14252:1:0]

...then i hit ok on that box..

I dont kniow whts wrong with it because ive been using it fine and it suddenly did that...

p.s i did check the folder it puts the converted files in and it was a read-only and i tried to change it but it didnt let me...idk if thats it

HELP
    thx

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Ah here you are, well Moviefactory is not a one click transcoding tool but while you are here we can talk about it.

The first thing to do is to get up to speed on your PC maintenance and clean everything up, do a defrag, virus scan, etc.. If you have XP consider a system restore. Make sure you have room on your hd for the cache files.
    Have you installed a program that could cause a conflict?
    Are you using Norton stuff? It can make a large folder of junk files that takes up a lot of room. Try right clicking on your recycle bin and looking for it.
    Uninstall the Ulead program and then reinstall it. I have this program too.
    BTW there is a program by Cucusoft that seems to work pretty well for .avi to DVD conversions. It works great with DVD Lab. Im still playing with it but so far it works OK and is simple with good instructions.

http://www.avi-vcd.com/

Just a few thoughts..
    Frank
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: May 3, 2004
  3. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

thnk u...u are a very educated nice person on other forums most opeople just yell at u and call u stupid cuz u dont know how to do anything but ur not thx ill try that stuff

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thanks and Good luck to you! Come back if you still have problems or want to discuss anything.

Cheers,
    Frank

5. nicky666

nicky666 Member

I've the same problem, i've try use cucusoft but it convert my files in slow motion video but the files work for dvd movie factory ( in slow motion ) :'(

pleaz someone has the solution ?