1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead MovieFactory speed problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mistycat, Nov 27, 2005.

1. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I use Ulead MF 3.5 and a Pioneer DVR-108. On the last page of Ulead in Options, I always select a burn speed of 4x but only 8x TDK burns at 4x. 8x Ridata burns at 8x or 12x and 8x Taiyo Yuden at 16x. I don't know why the media burns at those speeds as I only purchase 4x or 8x. It's a testament to the quality of TY that some succeed and play, so, is there any way to limit the burn speed of a writer some where else? I would burn an Iso to my HD and burn the ISO with Nero but that option is greyed out in Ulead. Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should be able to save your Project in ulead as a "Video_TS" folder and then use Nero to Burn the "Video_TS" to DVD in "DVD Video" mode.....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Thanks for the reply. The option to save my project in Ulead as a Video _TS folder is also greyed out. The problem seems to be Ulead resetting to Max after a blank DVD is entered into the writer and my not noticing.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you don"t put a Blank in your DVD Burner then it can not Burn the DVD...so you should be able to Get it to create the Video_TS Folder withouit burning it.....

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Duh, I'm an idiot. I rechecked my settings and "record to disk" was checked. Unchecking that allows any other option to be chosen. If I can't settle Ulead resetting to max burn speed, I'll try the other options. Thanks again

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I think I've got it. There is no point in selecting a burn speed in options until a blank is loaded as it just resets to max when a blank is loaded. I was just in too much of a mad rush.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I"m glad you got it worked out....

Cheers