1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulitmate Bit Torrent Guide (Links and pics)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by J-Kwon, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

chiangeg.

J~Kwon has already adddressed the fact that you shouldn't be posting as many as five posts in a row. in the top right hand corner of the box you typed in, there is a small icon that looks like a book. click on that to EDIT rather than posting again.

in relation to what you say about your bitsoup account. you need to UPLOAD and let others download from you instead of 'snatching'. once you have finished downloading, leave it running. otherwise you will be booted out.

2. chiangeg

chiangeg Member

why after downloading leave it running ??

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

because then other people can download off you.

you have shared 0.032 out of 1. this means for the ONE you have taken, you have given back 0.032.

where it says 0.032, make sure that reaches 5.50 - then you are SHARING with others and hence forth you won't get banned =)

4. chiangeg

chiangeg Member

.....i can't upload it said sorry to me when i press upload ...BANNED will see soon on my account....i guess i have to make new e-mail and register with the new account again repeat and repeat hehe "(@.@)"

5. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Not unless they do an IP ban. But yeah you cant upload.

Say you download a 10MB file, leave your client running, and upload at least 10MB of the file or more so you upload what you download :)

6. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

J-kwon you are the man. I found this very much insightful and informative. Will definitely incoporate this into my life once I have the opportunity. Again thank you.

7. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Cheers novicebb, if you come across any problems just let me know :)

Anyone having any [bold]real[/bold] problems?

chiangeg i don't see you changing! hopefully some admin or mod will notice your perseverant multiposting after asking multiple times to stop.
    Then you can be banned from this site (hopefully your I.P! lol). Not only this site but Bitsoup won't be too happy you need to give back what you take.
    This isn't a chat room!
    9.October @ 16:25

I will have no hestation next time you deliberately try to annoy! Can't upload my ar$£ your just pure greedy!

arghh LOL

:)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  8. stevatz

stevatz Member

that is an awesome guide....but i wondering if u could help me... i'm in Australia with Broadband cable unlimited which means up to 1.5mb download etc etc.. i'm only using xp firewall with no router and i wanted to configure my ports etc or just increase the download speed ???? how can i do this? can i do this? do u guys have any idea how to help me? sorry i am a newbie and new to the technical side of downloading thru torrents etc

9. ArCaine

ArCaine Member

@stevatz, i would remove windows firewall on your connection. refer to my post above for some tips on increasing your d/l speed.

10. Fluper

Fluper Member

OK, kwon i read your guide and 8 pages of peoples problems looking for a way to fix my problem, but i haven't got much.

I'm dowloading a file on bitlord right now. It's health is 3000% but the d/l rate won't go any higher than 50 kb/s. I have DSL, i tested the speed online and the D/l is aroun 2500kb/s. when i download a file normally, it's usually around 300kb/s.

I tried doing all the stuff with ports, and still my speed is the same. I turned off my firewall, and nothing.

I really have no idea what is slowing down my downloads. and the 50kb/s is on bitlord, my download on bittornade is at 2kb/s. I'm connected to 8 seeds and 8 peers. my share rating is crap, however but it won't go up. at the moment it's o.499. i don't know how to make it higher....my uploads have no restrictions.

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

On a google search i made, alot of people have said that they HATE bitlord, because it leeches the cr@p out of their downloads. But Umm, yeah, you cant make the same speed on bittorrents, as you can on normal downloads.

I reccomend Azureus or Bitcomet. More azureus because some sites are banning bitcomet.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2005
  12. Fluper

Fluper Member

When i use Azureus my download speed is worse....well kind of.

It rises up really high, the goes back to like 5kb/s,then up,then down. Every time it rises it rises more than the last time, but it still goes down to 5kb/s when it goes down.

I know i might not be able to get the same download speed. but a third or so would be nice (100kb/s)

13. ArCaine

ArCaine Member

Refer to my post above.

your best bet is to go to lvllord.de and download event id, that should increase your speed. also check your preferences in azureus to make sure you havent capped your d/l speed, also dont lower your u/l speed any lower then about 110 kbs

14. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Ahh, ok, damn too bad it dont stay like that :( And thanks for not goin nuts at me for sayin that some ppl hate bitlord and that you cant get full speed you do on normal speeds :) Some people i have said something similar to had gone off their nut :)

15. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

IMO bitlord is 'one' of the best! no complaints.........yet

Arcaine no offence, but do you know what your talking about or just copying of things i have said earlier.

Lvlord patch
    before using the patch you have 10 half-open connections are being increased to 50 (can be changed during runtime and with the parameter /L) and the CRC is been corrected. And that's it!

Fluper probably the torrent do you have any problems connecting to the tracker?

16. Fluper

Fluper Member

I think the tracker is fine, i don't appear to have any problems. I downloaded the file successfully, but the problem is mainly just the speed.

I doubt that it's the torrent, because it had A LOT of seeds. i think at a point it was around 24 or something.

I think that so far Bitlord has worked best for me. Better than Azureus, and better than bittornado.

17. ArCaine

ArCaine Member

J-Kwon, no offence taken, the lvllord site i learnt a while ago, most of the speed issues i have delt with myself and am just conveying knowledge that helped me out. as for the u/l speeds, it was a notice i took when i tried to lower my own u/l speeds in azureus

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Yeah. I dont have anything against bitlord, but yeah thats just what ive read.

19. Fluper

Fluper Member

Bump...

did you just ditch this thread or what?

20. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Who J-Kwon?? I think its coz noone has asked anymore questions.