1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulitmate Bit Torrent Guide (Links and pics)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by J-Kwon, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ArCaine

ArCaine Member

yah. out of 8 pages of posts you can probably find your answer in one of the pages.

2. fourmpub

fourmpub Member

3. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Can someone advice me on what my transfer settings in options should be on azureus please?I have read them somewhere on these forums but cant seem to find them any more. I am trying to download from bitsoup on a torrent with 103 seeds and cant get over10KB
    ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  4. Fluper

Fluper Member

@ arcaine

no, if you read my posts properly you'll see that i read all 8 pages and couldn't find an answer.

5. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Sorry guys i took a holiday and had no access to this thread.

Fluper set your max Global Upload to 25KB/s then post back

:)

6. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

[bold]Welcome Back[/bold]

Hope you had fun :)

7. melissa84

melissa84 Guest

I've read through the wonderful guides here but I'm still having a bit of trouble. My router isn't listed on port forward (Linksys BEFCMUH4) plus while I use a Linksys router the computer I use to download runs off a Netgear wireless adapter. Would that make a difference? I did try to forwarding, I failed the Sheilds up! test but my ports are still posted as closed. Weirdest thing is I can't connect to http://192.168.1.1/ (Linksys) I have to go through http://192.168.0.1/ (Netgear) I configured a static IP with network connections yet nothing appered on the config. website when I filled in the static info there I got a system error.

I am so very confused...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  8. chelly77

chelly77 Member

ok...i have searched and searched this site and still need help...i am a verizon customer and have the westell 6100 modem....i have recently downloaded azureus, but can not seem to figure out how to open a port for it...i even called verizon but the would not help me...please someone help...it takes all weekend just to get half a download

9. berty642

berty642 Regular member

10. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi Melissa
    Have you tried looking in portforward for a router thats close to your model and see if the setup screen is the same? There mighten be a big difference in it and you can take the settings from there.

11. melissa84

melissa84 Guest

Yes I tried that and set up the router like it told me to but when I tired to set up a static address I received the message "system error" address conflicts with another computer on the network I'm beginning to think that part of the problem is that I download off a different computer from the one with the router. The IP on my computer differs from the one on the main household computer.

...Simplest answer may be that I just don't know what I'm doing. :(

12. mylifesuc

mylifesuc Guest

i am in a college dorm and my bt download speed is horrible its like 2kb usually. i went to shields up .com and checkd and all my port from 6881 to 6889 were all opened. i dont know why is it so slow. i went to several test bandwidth and it said my bandwidth and speed were pretty good. i did everything i could turing off firewall and disbaling anit virus softwares but it still doesn't help. can anyone help me bt download worked for me last semester where i got to something like 30kb per second but this semester i never seen anything go up to even 5kb per second. I mean there was lot of source but the problem is that each of the source is only giving me like 200bytes or 300 bytes not one of them can even give me 1kb. does anyone know what might be the problem? I have tried using sharzaa and bit comet but all seem pretty slow. I have an window xp sp2 and i have everything updated.
    i did the port tested thing for sharzaa and it says it work. but the thing is everytime i download bt is very slow and if i try to download stuff form sharzaa 's network its still slow even with a lot of source. the problem is like i said ealier there is lot of source but each source only gives me a few hundred bytes not even one kilobytes. does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
    i went to shields up.com to test my sharzaa's port 6346 and it seem to be fine. pls can anyone help me
    i dont know if i have a router or not but my ip address seems to stay the same most of the time. and it doesn't seem to be a ip like 192.168 or something like that.

13. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Most isps throttle those ports, you need to set your port range a lot higher i use 51000 on azureus, and open the same ports in tcp and udp in your firewall

14. mylifesuc

mylifesuc Guest

so u mean i need to use Azureus and get a high port? so u mean i only need to open one port for both tci an udp? and then i can get to 30kb downloading?

15. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    What i mean is the ports you were using are throttled by most isp's, it would do no hard to try azureus with the high ports numbers, if that doesnt work you know thats not your problem. I cant give you a deffinate answer without seeing your exact setup.

16. mylifesuc

mylifesuc Guest

okay so what setup information do you need?? i will try to get them and post it here? i am using cable in a college dorm.

17. theocy

theocy Member

hey guys. its my first post here.

eem i'm on a 512K dsl connection. Right now using azureus i'm downloading at arround 50 kb/s. IS that a good speed or should i try all those port tricks and staff?
    oh and if a port is forwaded when doing that nat test it appears as OK right?

thx :->

18. chelly77

chelly77 Member

the portforward didn't help me but i did finally find some info to help me...thank you all...i finally got green :)

19. mylifesuc

mylifesuc Guest

hey thhocy just be happy you got 50kb per second. i am not even getting 5kb per second. but i think if you try some of the stuff they siad it here mayb you could get it even faster

20. ciaria

ciaria Member

i am using azureus, i turned of my windows firewall, and im not connected to a router...i am on a 5mbps cable connection and cant get uploads over 5kb. are there any built in firewalls in a cable modem that could be altering the download speed? does anyone have any ideas for me, thanks!