1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulitmate Bit Torrent Guide (Links and pics)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by J-Kwon, Sep 5, 2005.

1. FartDude

FartDude Guest

i always use other ports other than 6881 -6889, my speeds usually go from 250kb/s to 500 kb/s d/l , my upload stays at 55 kb/s on fresh torrent that is.

2. bumrush14

bumrush14 Member

Hi,

I'm new to Bit Torrent - I just had one question

I wanted a client that only uses one port on my computer - I was having trouble getting Azureus to work and I wanted to use BitLord - how many ports does BitLord use to download?

Thanks

3. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Is this good?

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
    One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
    All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

4. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

@ bumrush14, Bitlord uses one random port, I would reccommend using port 65535 or 55555,

@ FartDude what connection are you on?

@ Alien13 where is that information from?

5. botaylor

botaylor Member

Ive got a actiontec gateway that is hooked up to a linksys router, do i have to port forward or wutever it is on both of them? cuz last nite i tried everthing on this forum and my speed has not gone up at all, it only just gave problems that i had to work out. i have a dsl connection, usually when i downoad from the internet i download at 300kbs but on torrents i still download at less than 10 kbs, can someone help me or email me something? if u needi i will send screenshots.
    Bothejoker@hotmail.com

6. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Forward your linksys router, See what speeds you get then. Also download well seeded torrents :p

Remove your email It's against forum rules if someone asks for it, PM them with it.

7. FartDude

FartDude Guest

I have Cable connection, with 8mb down and 512k up, i also have a linksys router and foward only certain ports.

8. botaylor

botaylor Member

sry, i didnt know that was against rules, how to i take it off? and i already forwarded my linksys router and everthing. but i guess there is not very many people seeding, so if i seed that gives me better download time?

9. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I got it from shields up! And to remove it press the little button on your top right of the message it looks like a piece of paper :)

10. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Yes, the more seeds, the faster the download.

11. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Bob click on this button [​IMG]

And basically yes the more people seeding the better speeds you will get, It also depends on the health of the torrent and the status of the tracker :p

12. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Well on my torrent now its health is around 3000% is that good?

13. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

yes thats good, the ones in the hundreds are usually crap.

The torrents health is usually shown on the site before downloading

14. Maxato

Maxato Member

Pls help me, always when i dl torrents they r so damn slow,
    I have a 600kb connection and i use bitlord.

[​IMG]

im downloading from torrentspy.com, that is damn fast for me i usually download at 0.1kb and upload about 15kb. i dont know what to do im using the port and settings posted.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  15. DVDBack23

J-Kwon, someone needs to know how to open up ports or exception with ZOne Alarm. If you could help,, i would appreciate it.

16. Mr.Panic

Mr.Panic Guest

J-Kwon, amazing work my man! A for Effort, Share and Knowledge!!!!1111

Imma n00b with torrents, been avoiding them till now (needs the SGA Season 2 The Seige Part 3, so had to torrent).

Still lots i dunno bout seeders etc, that will come, but for now two thumbs up for this straight forward and n00b friendly tute!!!!

Next beers for you!

17. dojuh

dojuh Member

I have a problem still, after following your guide. And it is EXTREMELY irritating to me right now.

I'm on shaw extreme, 7000/1000 kbs cap. I've done the port forwarding, and I'm using Azureus.
    But I've got a problem still, I'm getting SHITTY downloads, nowhere near what I should be getting if I understand correctly. I'm running anywhere between 1-15kbs and sometimes it peaks a bit higher, but not much more.

When tried with bitlord I usually just cap out at 15kbs, and no I don't have my download limits set, and my ul is set at 20kbs. This is really irritiating the shit out of me. Can you please help

18. DVDBack23

Dojuh, set your upload to at least 72 KB/s, 20 is very low for your connection.

19. dojuh

dojuh Member

I upped my upload, and .. I guess a bit of improvement? But still some lagging down that wont go past 10 kb/s and.. I really wont peak any higher than average 50-60kbs.

Anything else I can do?

20. DVDBack23

dojuh,

well...Id say a 15 KB peak to a 50 KB peak is a pretty good improvement. :)

Now, do you get a yellow or green smiley face while using azareus?

Do you use any firewall, eg. Zone Alarm, Windows firewall, McAfee, Norton, etc..?

Also i would like you to downlaod the torrent with the most seeds you can find and wait 10 minutes and tell me what speeds your getting, with your connection you should be getting an average of 80 KB/s.