1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulitmate Bit Torrent Guide (Links and pics)

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by J-Kwon, Sep 5, 2005.

1. GravE79

GravE79 Member

So, I've got a BT router connected to a linksys router connected to my two comps. In order to enable port forwarding, do I forward BT -> comp ip, linksys -> comp ip, or BT -> linksys -> comp ip? so far I'm not having luck with any of these solutions. All my firewalls are off, I've tried multiple ports yet I'm having trouble getting much above 10k, even with a healthy connection (2700%, 22 seeds). Any other ideas suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

n/m i stuffed up :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
  3. solidusuk

solidusuk Member

excuse me guys I have PM'd a few people here but nobodys appears to wanna help, could someone please contact the admin at bitsoup.org and tell them the password reset feature for logging on is not workIng!!!

I have been locked outta bitsoup.org for over a damn month!

no offence but i donated to that site too, its great, but not so great when u forget your damn password!!!

arghghgGHHG!!!!!!!!1 please help me!

4. solidusuk

solidusuk Member

oh thats just f******** great.

now my account doesnt even exisit at bitsoup, 100GB upload out the friggin windown.

just wish someone could have helped me here.

5. picz

picz Member

Hi can someone help me out... need some privat torrent websites... the ones ive tried are either full or do not get good speeds. Please help

6. Bropps85

Bropps85 Member

Hey I have been working on cleaning up my problems with Azureus, the only problem I have now is with my ports, forwarded them ok, and yesterday I had green smileys, but today no more green smileys and when I check my port it said nat error, tested it on shields up and it says it is stealthed, been searching all day and cant figure out why it would be stealthed or how to fix this. Please I would really appreciate any help

7. picz

picz Member

solidusuk- why didn't u just make a new account a make a new thread saying that u have forgot ur password... a mod is bound to see it and help u out

8. Lencar

Lencar Member

Good Work J-Kwon Very informative....helped me tremendously, especially with port forwarding.

9. Hot4ts

Hot4ts Member

GREAT forum.

I have been using BitTornado, with Verizon DSL. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 router. The link to portforward.com was very helpful.

I have been downloading some shows from Dime-a-Dozen that have 2 seeders only. So I'm getting ssssssllllloooowwwww speeds - 41 kb/s. PLUS, since no one else is leeching, just me, I'm getting a bad ratio. But that's the least of my problems.

Here's what's got me.

I switched to Bit Lord. I assigned Port 65535 and routed it to the IP for the one machine I'm gonna use it on. (I have a few machines in my network.)

But when I run Bit Lord, even on a torrent that I know has 3 seeds, it never goes beyong "Connecting..." and shows "0" seeds. (And if I immediately start Tornado, I get 3 seeds!)

I tried the Shields Up!! link, and I got "Stealth" on port 65535. What does that mean, and how do I get around that?

(Also, I have Norton Personal Firewall on the system. I have told it to allow BitTornado and BitLord to make all connections on any port... And I get the green light in Tornado, so I don't think that's a factor!)

Any assistance would be great.

Thanks!

(ALSO: When I launch BitLord, I get the error message: "Can not listen to port: 65535")

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  10. Bropps85

Bropps85 Member

Im with you Hot, My ports are going stealth with verizon too, but im using Westell 6100, did you try getting a hold of someone at verizon? I called and the guy I got had no idea what was going on, but he was kinda a moron

11. Hot4ts

Hot4ts Member

Well, what's strange is, on BitTornado, I have it set at port 17500 on one machine and 17550 on the other. When I test them, they are "Open"...

So I don't know.

(I have different ports because I read on one of these sites that Linksys routers don't like assigning ports to more than one machine.)

12. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Excellent guide J-Kwon, it has everything i need to know in the one place. Keep up the good work!

13. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    I was wondering if someone could help me with my router setup please?
    I have read the guide but cant find my router listed in portforwarding.com. Its a no name make, i have looked at the manuals that came with it but cant find a manufacturers name anywhere. To access my routers setup page i have to type 10.0.0.2, and the infotrmation i get is Firmware Version: CX82xxx_4.1.0.13 Customer Software Version: 8X0R_NB_030104.00FA(FW&CLI)
    Any help greatly appreciated!!
    **EDIT**
    After searching about i found out that my router is a Safecom, i followed the guide and everything is working 100% although d/l's can jump from over 100 to around 26 now and again.
    Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be appreciated

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  14. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

@ berty642,

If your router has no make,have you considered the option of upgrading to a more reliable router thats easy to forward

- Linksys
    - Netgear

Seem to be the best at the minute

@ Hot4ts,

Seems to me that your ISP isn't allowing you to open your ports, Try a completely random number in and see what comes out.

Stealth means the port is hidden so it won't be attacked but ideally it needs to be open, I'm pretty certain your Internet Service Provider is blocking that particular port.

41 kb/s with just 2 seeders aint bad! so that is the least of yout problems!

And stick with Tornado if your ust 2 it

@ Bropps85

Same with you I think Verizon isn't allowing you to open the port.

@ Solidsuk,

Sorry mate, but if I asked for your password they'd immedately think i was trying to hack into your bitsoup account, which is prohibeted.

You should have made some friends in that community so you'd have been backed up if an incident like this occured.

Also WTF did you forget you password? make it simpler next time. Something personal that you'll remember

Thanks for all the compliments, keep them coming lol

15. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi Jkwon
    I was thinking that myself, i had this router sitting about doing nothing for ages because i couldnt get decent download speeds and i couldnt manage to get my xbox connected to it. I was of work sick today and as they say the devil makes work for idle hands ;)
    After following the guides i have just downloaded a torrent from bitsoup at an average of 200KB and have got my xbox connected through it so it cant be all bad:)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  16. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

17. chiangeg

chiangeg Member

I love you J-Kwon finally i get 40++ speeds i love you i now using bitcomet and bitsoup wedsite finally i success

18. Hot4ts

Hot4ts Member

Thanks.

Inspired by something else entirely, I disconnected my router, moved one of my machines in to the closet and plugged directly into the Westell DSL modem. I tried forwarding that particular port directly from the modem, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also, it required me to assign a "host" computer for that particular rule... And the machine I had plugged in wasn't the one I will be doing most downloading on. Don't know if that makes a difference.

So I'm sticking with what I know... Esp. if you say those speeds are good. I figured six hours to download a two hour Who show seemed long? (But what's irritating is there's no one else downloading the same thing, so I'm a total leech... Is there software that will let me, say, automatically seed between midnight and 6AM? And then shut down again?)

====

Incidentally, I discovered that I had the firewalls turned off on my Westell modem. I run Norton Personal Firewall... Most of the time. A lot of online job applications require it to be turned off, and I had been turning it off whilst downloading BT's, presuming that the hardware firewall would fit the bill. I turned it on at the modem, but it hung up my Outlook Express/AOL IMAP... So I turned it off again. I'm presuming the Linksys firewall is doing the trick!

Thanks, guys!

19. chiangeg

chiangeg Member

20. chiangeg

chiangeg Member

[​IMG] sorry, here !