1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate BitComet Guide to the Universe

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by DVDBack23, Sep 18, 2005.

1. THEwDEVIL

THEwDEVIL Member

How is it posable to have a 9000kbs connection speed if you only have a (1.1mb which is 1100kbs a sec) and which traker have you regisrted with

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

9000 kbps is equal to 1100 KB/s. Actually my ISP has now upgraded so it is a 12000 kbps connection which is equal to about 1500 KB/s.

3. THEwDEVIL

THEwDEVIL Member

oh my bad i read it worng i thought it said 9000kbs not kbps lol i have a modem/router that i connect trough it lan/ethernet and usb but also wireless in affect to triple my download speed
    it sweet

4. THEwDEVIL

THEwDEVIL Member

so when ur capped it is when u use up all ur download limit man that's crap when i use up my 20gb limit i just gte charge more no capped and i live in the uk

5. DVDBack23

Sorry to hear that, getting capped really sucks. I, fortunately have no cap and full bandwith after 2 am ;)

6. THEwDEVIL

THEwDEVIL Member

no i dont get capped i never have i just read that some people do..

7. j0hn110

j0hn110 Guest

How do you get private trackers how does it work i already registered at torrentspy.com now what???HElp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2005
  8. j0hn110

j0hn110 Guest

k this what i got now what should i put on the settings on BitComet?

[​IMG]

9. gocchin56

gocchin56 Member

Hi, may I now what do I do after registering with a private tracker? I've registered with Bitsoup, so what am I supposed to do now?

10. DVDBack23

gocchin,

Download and then seed! ;)

11. gocchin56

gocchin56 Member

Um... That means the torrent file must be taken from the website? What if it's not?

12. m007850

m007850 Member

I need help!
    Is it normal to download from thepiratebay with 60 kb/s
    I have a 24 mb/s dsl.

13. DVDBack23

Yeah....24 mb/s DSL, you wish, LOL. ;)

14. m007850

m007850 Member

Oh sorry I mean 1 mb/s

15. DVDBack23

Yes, 60 kb from a public tracker on a 1mbit line is good.

16. lynchy911

lynchy911 Guest

i have a 1.5m connetion with 256up and i have followed the guide and i still only get speeds of 40kb/s with 56seeds and 400+peers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  17. lynchy911

lynchy911 Guest

Never mind it's all sorted :)

18. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

That is a good speed, but if you are only getting that on a highly seeded torrent then something's wrong. You should be maxing out at 110kb/s plus..

19. uksaiyan

uksaiyan Member

Hey, I'm in the UK and have an 8MB potential connection (although my ISP has told me not to expect much more than 4MB in reality). When downloading from a fast download server I can get up to 500kB/s, and downloading from private trackers with very good seed to peer ratio it's not uncommon to get around 250kB/s.

My problem is this: I recently started downloading many large files (110GB in total split over about 20 files). The seed to peer ratios aren't that great (between 1/5 and 1/20) but even with these ratios before, I always use to get at least 10-20kB/s rate on the smaller 300MB type files. So based on this, I figured that if I was downloading 20 files, I'd get 20 files downloading at about 10kB/s which would give me a pretty respectable 200kB/s overall, but this is not the case. For some reason it's capping at between about 60-80kB/s no matter if I'm downloading 5 of these large files or all 20. Even if I start downloading a small file from a private tracker, I only get good speeds with it when I download it by itself, not if the others are going (even though such a file will go full speed when I normally download other 300MB type files with it).

I am behind a wirless router, but I followed all the advice at the start of this article and have done everything it said, with the exception of when it says not to download more than one torrent. The thing is, I've always gotten in a habbit of downloading 5 or 6 tv torrents at a time at the end of the week rather than when they come out individually, and doing this never gave me poor rates. Infact I found I got better global rates normally if I downloaded a few files at once.

One example which might make the problem clearer, is that when I had all the files downloading, one particular one was only downloading at about 1 to 2kB/s, yet when I stopped all the rest it went up to 15kB/s, even though all the downloads together were no where near my download limit.

So basically my question is, is there any way for me to get these download speeds up to the kind I know I have to potential to get? Or is there some unchangable bittorrent protocall which means I'm just gonna have to put up with these slow downloads.

I know my problem isn't as immediate as people who are constantly stuck with a painful 5kB/s for any file despite having a fast connection, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

20. blkhawk

blkhawk Member

Hi all.. I have one question though..

ppl keep saying using private / public tracker.... like isohunt.com

So.. I wonder what do you put in ?

say I want to put in isohunt.com ...

I tryed to put in http://isohunt.com .. and it doesn't work.... don't I need to put some port .. and the /announce ? if so..how do I know which port to use ?

thx