1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to burn dvd-ram lf-d311 using latest version of nero

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by slim1253, Jul 6, 2004.

1. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

We have finally posted a new version of our Nero 6 software.

KCrab, you should download the new update and see if this resolve your issue with the DVD-RAM LF-D311 drive.

Regards,

Craig

2. Shamrocka

Shamrocka Member

I was having the exact same problem withthis Mashita DVD burner with Nero for months, until today. I downloaded the latest drivers and even reinstalled the latest copy of Nero. None of these worked. I was using Memorex DVD-R's and RW's trying to copy a DVD.

Anyway it hit me. If I could burn before but not now there's got to be an easy solution. AND I FOUND IT. HEHEHE.

What I did was looked at the brand of DVD that did work for me in the past. I opened my CD carrying case and saw that they were all SONY DVD-R's.

I went to Walmart and bought a pack of 10 Sony DVD-r's and opened the box, poppped one in AND IT WORKED!
    OMFG! IT WAS THE BRAND OF DVD IT DIDN'T LIKE!

I was super happy, the movie even played on my Xbox too (a workout DVD btw, my wife does her's in the living room while I do mine using my PC's LF-D311's drive).

So basically the drive doesn't like Memorex DVD-r's and probably others either.

I stumbled upon this forum because of my frustation. I was about to buy a new DVD burner too.

This is my first post btw, I hope this helps.

P.S. I don't work for Sony either lol.

Love,
    DJ Shamrock
    www.hl2central.net

3. kcrab

kcrab Member

I'm back to sucsessful burning with the aug update.But now a new problem has come up.When I try to play back my burned disk on the computer I get nothing,but they play fine on my set top dvd player.I've tried having the autoplay prompt me,I have set it to open in a certain player,nothing.I use to put a dvd in and be prompted,"would you like to view these files in IE","would you like to play in WMP" etc.When I open WMP and select the drive I get a grayed out "drive busy" I have also tried opening the disk with InterVideo,Winamp,Realplayer and Nero Showtime and I get nothing.Every dvd burned before this update opens the prompt fine.It's always f*****g somthing.I'm so pissed I'm ready to go buy a MAC.Any advice would be helpful(this means you Craig)

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I suppose you have tried different write speeds, and different brands of media?

Gotta ask. :)

We know the write commands being issued are not the issue as it would not play in anything if that were the problem. The optimum power used to write to the recorder is controlled fully by the firmware on the recorder, but we went over firmware last time you had an issue, and I am not aware of any new firmware that has been released.

How about power to the recorder? Is the power being shared by other Hard Drives, Recorders, CD-ROMs, or DVD-ROM drives? If so, try having your recorder isolated on its' own power.

Regards,

Craig