1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to burn to 8x DVD-r with SONY DRU-510a

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ECMoney, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

I have a Sony DRU-510a which I have had for a year now and I have never had a problem burning to 1-4x DVD media (I usually buy Ritek 4x). Now I purchased a 50-pack of 8x Ritek not even thinking that it would be a probelm and I can't burn anything, is there an update that I have to do or will this burner only burn to 4x media? I don't understand why it can't burn to the 8x media but not use the full 8x speed, just burn at 4x the speed? Does anyone know if there is anything that I can do or do I have to just continue purchasing 4x media instead of 8x media? Any help would be much appreciaited. Thanks!

2. ECMoney

ECMoney Member

Also to add, I am running Windows XP with all the updates. I am able to still burn to 4x media no problem, but when I try to burn to 8x media it will spit it out before even writing with an error.

I have my settings set to DMA, should I switch it to PIO and try it? Does that make a difference?

3. BlackHood

BlackHood Member

4. mljhn

mljhn Member

I have the same problem. Have either of you found
    a solution yet? I just purchased a 50 pack of Fuji 8x
    disks. I've emailed Fuji and they said contact the
    vendor for my drive (sony). Needless to say Sony hasn't
    returned my support question to them.