1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to flash my xecuter x3 chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mybox, Apr 18, 2009.

1. mybox

mybox Member

I recently bought for my v1.6b xbox the executer x3 ce mod chip. I installed it my self and when i started it up it turns on in the boot mode when the switch position is in off on off off off any other position it wont show the blues bios screen. The screen reads flashbios 3.0.3 and i am able to scroll through the options of how i would like to flash the bios. I went to xbins and got the flash bios version x3 3284 v16plus.bin i have been unable to make my xbox take that flash. i have tried http but am unable to connect, the flash bios screen on the xbox always gives me the dhcp failed-falling back to 192.168.0.99. So i have tried burning cd-r, cd-rw, and dvd-r. On all of these cds i have burnt i have used qwix 1.0.1 to change into iso and i have made a dummy file to go along as well the sizes i have tried for the dummy have been 100mb, 200mb, and 300mb. i have also given them the name of AAA.AA. For my flash bio i have tried the using the same name i have also changed it to both BIOS.BIN, bios.bin, and bios.iso. Ive tried a lot of combos. When i stick the cds in nothing shows on the screen except Waiting for Drive until it ejects the disk back out. For the dvds it will at least show the cdrom label on the screen but other then that it says Waiting for Drive as well and then eventually it spits the disks back out. I have gone back through and checked all of my soldering and the two blue lights are on on the mod chip. I have tried flashing with both protec on and protect off but their hasnt been any difference in the way my xbox acts. Any help on how to flash the bios would be so cool.

2. S10MAN

S10MAN Member

Have you checked the flash protect switch on the modchip itself ? Mine was mislabled . What exactly does it say when you attempt to flash it via DVD or CD . I use DVD - R . 200MB DUMMY.BIN . And X3 3294 V16 . BIOS.BIN . I have found that using other burning methods can or may not properly do this . I use NERO BURNING ROM 6 . Burn at 4X . Ive never had one bit of problem using this method . As for flashing via HTTP . Do you have a router ? And Are you using a crossover cable or standard ethernet cable ? If your using a router then you use a standard ETHERNET cable . And make sure your on BANK 2 for V1.6 why its that way i dont know . BANK 2 is a 1MB BANK . Im sure your aware of that . And that setting is Bank 5678: OFF ON OFF OFF . Ihope that helps ya .

3. mybox

mybox Member

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I did end up getting it to flash, im not sure what i did other than i used a sony brand dvd-r instead of the memorex dvd-r that i was using before. Funny if that was the problem! Maybe you could help me with my next problem though. I cant seem to get my dash to boot. I am using Auto Installer Deluxe v4.50 the dvd i burnt did open but after i hit put the dashboard on my xbox it installed and then informs me that i need power off the xbox which i do yet, it always stays at the rox my box logo and wont boot up the dash. I tried in the flash bios changing the location and partition of the hard and where to look for the dash, i have installed a dash on every partition of the hard drive thinking that maybe it was looking somewhere other then where it said it was. I redownloaded the aid torrent thinking maybe the first one was corrupt and on a different disk i took off the game trackers since i heard that they were causing people some problems. None of this has matter, my xbox still sits at the logo. Any help concerning my problem would be great. Thanks!