1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Unable to Insert" etc.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by CCovey, Oct 20, 2006.

1. CCovey

CCovey Guest

I have been experimenting with Nero Vision to create DVDs from some .avi files. With a dozen or so, I was getting an error message (unable to add the files). After doing some research on the web, I found that it was a fairly common occurence and that the apparent culprit was DirectShow.

In attempts to rectify the issue, I installed the K-Lite Mega CODEC pack (full version) - didn't work. I went through another 20-30 different individual CODECs and about 5 miniature packages, to no avail. Finally, I tried the Ace Professional pack (located at: http://www.free-codecs.com/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack_download.htm ). After uninstalling all the versions I'd tried, Ace's installation went smoothly and solved the problem.

I saw an older message on here about this issue but was prohibited from replying since I'm new. But I thought that people with this problem would appreciate being able to avoid the convoluted suggestions posted previously.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I cannot make sense of this statement...if you are a member of AD then to the best of my knowlege you can respond to [bold]ANY[/bold] thread in [bold]ANY[/bold] forum.

Thank you for this solution, I am sure it will help someone, Cheers.

3. CCovey

CCovey Guest

Not so. Register a new account and then try to reply to a thread that's had no activity for six months.

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Maybe it's been closed that's why you couldn't reply.