1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to make of copy from a dvd copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JoeR077, Mar 12, 2005.

1. JoeR077

JoeR077 Member

I'm using DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and 1clickdvd copy. I have no problem backing up my DVD collection, as long as it is from the original DVD. Some of my more watched DVD's are starting to get old, and I wanted to back them up again. Unfortunatly I can't find one of my originals. I can't seem to make a back up from the back up. I tried multiple ways, but no luck. It keeps bombing out with packed header errors. I thought it might be just that disk, so I tried others, and have the same problems. Has anyone else encountered this, and found a solution.

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

you need to find the original.this will cover you from piracey charges.you can use decrypter to copy. then use nero to burn.nero has an option to pull up computer files to burn dvds.after this throw away the old wore out back-up and keep the new one.

3. Rustol

Rustol Guest

I had the same problem, not being able to copy from a copy. I started using DVD+R and was able to copy from a copy.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Re-ripping backups: I do quite a bit of that on my backups using dvd shrink and nero regardless if they are + or dash. I use nero's disc copy feature for an identical copy. That's why I stick to a 4x burn speed using high quality media on my original backup copy.

Try dvd decrypter . It's a more powerful ripper on those newer encryptions and damaged discs. You can use MODE ISO READ and then MODE ISO WRITE. Here's some great guides from bbmayo on this free program: http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

If dvd decrypter doesn't work on it's default settings, try these settings: Tools/settings/css tab-rip with brute force. Then click general tab/agressive. Then I/O tab-tick ignore all read errors. That may or may not help,but worth a try.
    Good Luck

5. JoeR077

JoeR077 Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try today. I figured there had to be a way around my problem, I haven't done enough reading about DVD Decrypter to know all the power user settings. I'll post back with my progress.

6. JoeR077

JoeR077 Member

Still received errors with DVD Decrypter, "packed headers missing", even when using Brute Force, but I did reback up my movie with DVD Shrink using open disk, and using the reauthor. Then saves as an IFO file and burned with DVD Decrypter. Thanks again for the site with all the guides. I picked up some great tips I didn't know before.