1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to play dvds on my computer HELP

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Harleyd, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Harleyd

Harleyd Member

when insert dvd into drive it wont auto start like it used to. i have to open it manually and when i do it opens up all the files indivdually it will play if i open the video files but only plays that file about a quarter of the movie can someone help . i have windows xp and have tried to open with power dvd and windows media player

2. Adavis

Adavis Member

O.K I'll answer your questions in reverse.
    The most likely reason it only plays a quarter of the movie is because your opening the individual .vob files in powerdvd and not "Enqueueing" the others - which is annoying because going that way you have to figure out which .vobs apply to the main movie.
    I wouldn't bother with windows media player - its crap for DVDs though power dvd should play the dvd if you right click on the drive and select autoplay. Also check that the dvd isn't scratched and try reinstalling the DVD's firmware - but make damn sure its from the right website(manufacturer). They'll usually have an upgrade, might also help if you posted which dvd player your using, i.e make and model no: