1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to play movies copied using DVD2/ANYDVD Help please

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by elanbee1, Dec 10, 2006.

1. elanbee1

elanbee1 Member

I used Slysoft Any DVD in background, then DVD2 to copy movie to my LG DVD burner, (it will accept all formats). All appears to work well, and I get the 'you DVD is copied sucessfully' message. The DVD disc will play on my computer without any problems, but when I try it on any of our domestic DVD players connected to televisions, none of them will recognise the disc, they scan for a disc and a 'no disc message comes up on the screen. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong??

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I doubt that it's you............
    The players may not like the brand of media you used. They do tend to like some brands better than others. If they are older players, they may not like home made dvds at all. Have you ever been able to play home made ones in them?

Do you use -R or +R discs? +R discs can be "Booktyped" to DVD Rom, and be much more compatible with players. My stepfather had an early Apex player, that wouldn't play home made dvds at all. I tried several times. I tried both -R and +R, but they just wouldn't work. Then I learned about Booktyping. I booktyped a +R disc to DVD Rom, and it played flawlessly in his Apex. Here is some info on Booktyping:
    http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Increased-compatibility-DVD-bitsetting.html
    Good luck!

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Not an AnyDVD problem, most likly, as stated, unsatisfactory media.

Try booktyped DVDR+.

4. glenns

glenns Member

sounds like dvd + is the way to burn so any dvd player can reconize it