1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to Play Ripped/Burned DVD +R/RW on DVD Player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bppause, Jul 27, 2002.

1. bppause

bppause Guest

I ahve been able to successfully rip (using DVD Decrypt), creat and edit the ifo files (using ifoedit) and burn (using Neo) DVD Movies and play them back on both my pioneer dvd-rom 116 drive and hp 200i dvd writer. But both my Sony DVP-NS 500V and Sony DVP-NS 300 dont even recognize the DVD +R or DVD +R/W disks. I know for a fact that the Sony DVP-NS 500V can read both DVD +R and +RW because I created a home video from my camcorder and was able to play the burned home video back (using the Sonic MYDVD softwre that came with my HP 200i DVD Writer drive).

So does anuone have an idea why none of my burned movies (both in DVD +R and DVD +RW media) will not be recognized by any of my players but work just fine on my DVD-ROM drives?

Thanks for any help

2. Vinster

Vinster Guest

This is very similar to my problem:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5352

However, I am using DVD-R and it works fine in a few DVD players, but not at all in others.

The others recognise it has a DVD (by the display) and even get the timer up etc. but the screen is just black for about a minute and then I get a mesage along the lines of "Can't play this type of CD" and can go no further.

bppause - how exactly are you burning your DVD? I am just dragging and dropping an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder into Nero, and burning has an UDF/ISO DVD-Rom with the standard Nero settings.

3. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest