1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to read burn DVD disc

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Eugenelx, May 31, 2007.

1. Eugenelx

Eugenelx Member

After burning a dvd, data format, and reinserting the disc, I'm unable to read my burn dvd. Aparently, when I click on the dvd-rom icon, my windows explorer hangs. My dvd writer is 16X Sony DRU 710A. I tried it out on 3 different bands of dvd, TDK 8X , Sony 16X and Philips 8X. It all didn't work. I'm pretty pissed by the ridiculous idea of not being able to open the burn disc. I even tried burning it on 2 different softwares, nero and dvd decryter. SERIOUSLY need help!!
    [​IMG]
    This the error i got from burning through dvd decrypter.

2. Eugenelx

Eugenelx Member

Forgot to add: I have updated it to the latest firmware. I'm running of windows XP SP2. It was working like this for quite a long time, bloody pissed.

3. Eugenelx

Eugenelx Member

I bought a new LG dvd writer today, and the same problem appears...can anyone help me?

4. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

uhmmmm!!!! this is strange! is your window detected your drive? uninstall any update of your window(all update of your your window may content some bugs that we do not know, that reason why i never install any update of my window),,try it first,,,if still have the same problem,,,somebody else will help you out,,cheersss