1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to run copied games after install

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by icepick, Jan 22, 2004.

1. icepick

icepick Member

I have managed to burn some game CD's (from image files) which install perfectly. When I try to run them I keep getting error messages such as "Insert correct disc into drive)- even though it is already there. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. thefarter

thefarter Guest

Firstly let me say that you are not allowed to copy games that you are not the legal owner of. But that said you are allowed to make a personal "Back-up" of a disc you own. You will be able to make a back-up of one of your discs by using clone CD or Alcohol 120%. If you dont have these programmes I would suggest you go to game copyworld and get a "Fixed" exe file and replace the one that the game has installed on the hard drive with the one you have downloaded..It should then work...:0)

Hope this helps

3. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Fixed .exe files often dont work after patches. I would suggest downloading the programs and trying them...it also depends on if you got a "2 sheep" or " 1 SHeep burner" if your backing up safedisk protected games

These burners have the ability to write regular bit patterns correctly vs. " 1 sheep burners" that write regular bit patterns almost correctly These burners can backup the latest Safedisc 2.9.x (Shoey)
    CDRWin is not a very good tool for making backups of all protected CDs. The correct backup procedure is performed in four steps:

1. identify the protection of the CD( http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/clonyxxl.cfm )
    2. select the proper application depending upon the protection you found
    3. dump the image on your HD
    4. burn the dumped image on a brand new CD-R

heres your guides for the proper programs to use to attempt to back up

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699
    good luck!
    -K man

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You're backing Safedisc 2.x\3.1 cd protection m8.

@Keith

Excellent reply post m8....

Shoey :)

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Excellent indeed i thought i was reading a shoey post :p

:) Sorry not around much lately: exams, coop, assignments, girl, etc you know how it is. Hopefully things settle out by Feb.

6. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

haha , thanks! I try to help the members out he best I can! even tho im still new! I feel I have learned alot from these forums and I should pass the info on!! :)

7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

hey,

just my humble opinion but why dont u just not mount them.. u back them up with ClonyXXl Alcoholer and CloneCD two of them are free btw
    (alcoholer and ClonyXXL)

it will probably work then

just a suggestion

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Nothing wrong with mounting a protected pc game image (Safedisc or SecuROM) but "we" need to backup to disc in order to determine if the pc game protection can be defeated. Those who don't network or have a portable(external) would find it difficult playing their backups if they are limited to hd space. I use Daemon Tools as I find it easier than looking for my hard disc (cd-r) pc game backups. Many pc protected games are blacklisted>(Daemon Tools& Alcohol 120 virtual stealth drive), thus relying on your hard disc backup to play the backup.

9. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

sorry

i must not have made my post clear what im trying to say is that i personally just back them up with clonyxxl alcoholer and CloneCD i dident say there was any wrong with mounting them

Dean

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

One can't make backups of Safedisc or SecuROM) pc game protection using CLonyXXL (scanner to detect pc game protection) or Alcoholer 4.1(profiler for recommended settings for Alcohol 120, CloneCD, Blindwrite,GameJack). CloneCD 4.3.1.9 is a "hit& miss" when backing up Safedisc 2.x\3.x cd protection using "certain" 2 sheep burners" but FireBurner 2.21 can fix this. Most who backup SecuROM 4.8.x like Blindwrite 5 5.1, Blindwrite Suite 4.25 or 4.5.7. Most who backup Safedisc 2.x\3.x like Alcohol 120, DiscDump& FireBurner, Blindwrite 5, Paddus DiscJuggler and CloneCD.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2004
  11. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

ahh once again i feel i must explain

i dont sit right with alcohol 120% or 52% or whatever

i dont like GameJack, BlindWrite, fireburner, discjuggler, roxio, pinnacle etc yes yes i have tryed them all but now i have a method that works
    CloneCD v4.1.0.1, alcoholer and ClonyXXL

the exact science of it? i dont know

but i can backup all of my latest bought games so im happy this method works for me

and as i have probably Quoted somewhere else on this forum "if it aint broke dont fix it"

l8r
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Hey! if life was perfect
    What would be the point?[/small]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No need to explain m8 as I clearly understand your reply post. Have you tried backing up Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time (Safedisc 3.15) or Spell Force (SecuROM 4.77) with CloneCD? Just very curious.... Good luck! :)

Are you confused LoNeR?

_
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

13. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

alas no i havent yet ill have to get them and find out

good suggestion tho..... afterall we are all here to better out selfs and our methods

;-)

have u Backed them up?

Dean

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time= no
    I've yet to test DiscDump& FireBurner and Paddus DiscJuggler. My Lite ON LDW-411S dvd burner is limited to 8x write, thus maybe causing my backup not to work. Those who've had success (Lite ON 52\32\52x and 52\24\52x) write at 4x and their backups work.
    Spell Force= I don't own the original game but buying soon. I did backup Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne (SecuROM 4.85) very easily with Blindwrite Suite 4.25& 4.5.7(TwinPeak)

15. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Lite ON LDW-451S

or sumat it what i have i think thats the exact number and that is only four speed works....

interesting programs vary so much isent it

l8r

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

We ain't talking dvd write speed m8, rather cd-r write speed. If you own the Lite ON LDW 451S then see if you can burn to a cd-r at 4x. If you can then you "might" have success backing up Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time (Safedisc 3.15)
    Don't bother using CloneCD as I already know the Lite ON LDW-451S is a "hit& miss" when backing up Safedisc 2.8-3.15 in the "write" process.

17. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

ahh i apoligise i misread...

i use My DVD writer for both CDs and DVDs it writes all my CD Backups (Games, Music what ever) at 40x
    and it is always succesfull one game i can prove

(dont know the protection but at the mo i have just done Age Of Mythology moving onto better and more recent games soon enough

Dean

18. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Have you uninstalled all your burning programs to see if the game still plays?

19. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hmm Spellforce.... seems like a decent challenge (for once :p) Now lets get this burner fired up already hehe.