1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to softmod xbox,, pls pls help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jmichaud1, Oct 11, 2009.

1. jmichaud1

jmichaud1 Member

ok first I was unable to hot swap the drive...so I found a site that gave instructions on flashing the firmware on the seagate drive. All looked good, the drive was unlocked but after loading the softmod and such. The xbox would not load it just showed that it needed servicing..no error code..nothing. I was also unable to re-lock the drive. I build the cable to read the eeprom and get the hd password. Bingo!..go the password and got the drive to re-lock...however the xbox is still getting the screen where it says it needs to be service with NO error code in the corner. So I figured it was a problem with the softmod. So I started re-doing everything I did but now when I try to reload the firmware on the drive...it loads but doesnt reset the security on the drive so it disabled.

Anyone that could assist me, it would be freakin awsome of you.

TIA

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

what are you doing exactly. you only load firmware into your harddrive, it is one way of making some seagate drives usable under windows if you don't have the eeprom with which it is locked (you flash a bios btw).

so i believe you are not doing that, or if so, why are you doing that??

but he, if you have the eeprom. just get yourself another harddrive, rebuild it and lock it with your eeprom.