1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncomplaint MPEG2 for DVD?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CCEncoder, Oct 6, 2004.

1. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

I have 1 mpge2 file made from "dvd2svcd", and after editing, I tried to reburn the mpeg2 into dvd!, but after I opened "DVDit!"; and try to inject my first mpg, this error shows and says:
    LINK:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~winuser9716/file.jpg

¿what have I done? and ¿is there a way to fix it?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm sorry, I don't have a DVD burner, I don't know about it.
    But why don't you make a SVCD, instead? (read the '100% working method to mak a VCD' and, maybe, if the MPEG-2 is already in a SVCD form you can jump to VCDEasy - the 2nd part: MPEG-2 is good for SVCD, also. Otherwise you will have to run the whole 2 parts and you'll have to use TMPGenc with the M2V MPEG-2 plugin [which enables TMPGenc to load MPEG-2 files]).

3. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

I want to use DVDit! to make my dvds, unless there is an authoring program that burn complaint svcd movies as well. By the way mr, can you post a thread or sticky, as to how much compatible is a DVD,SVCD,VCD, DIVX in a regular standalone dvd player, or the ps2! I would love playing burned movies on my ps2!

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm sorr, I don't know. PS1 CD-ROM wasn't very good, so I learned to avoid using PSX for movies, to avoid fatiguing its lens (which includes PS2, also, but it might work well. But a DVD player costs <100 $. A PS2 costs about 100-200$. It it worth?).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  5. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

alright forget that part, so can you tell me how compatible is a vcd, svcd, and dvd formats, for dvd players, cuz I heard that some dvd players don't play svcd for example.

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know exactly. I have heard that DVD and VCD are most compatible and (but I don't know with respect to which players) SVCD are less compatible.
    But, even it the original .AVI/.MPG movie has well extracted & encoded, could you distinguish between a 325x240 pixel resolution (VCD) and a 400x400 pixel resolution? (SVCD)

7. stardust

stardust Regular member

>mpge2 file from "dvd2svcd", I tried to reburn the mpeg2 into dvd!

When using DVD2SVCD for making AVI to DVD, it should produce out DVD structure files like .VOB, .IFO etc. ready to VIDEO_TS folder for burning.

8. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

352x240 or 480? when I made vcd using "svcd2dvd" the final mpg wasn't recognized as ntsc or pal under dvdit!?