1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undeleting/restoring files

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by staxx, Jan 27, 2007.

1. staxx

staxx Regular member

Is there a way to undelete pictures? i tried system restore but i'm assuming that it doesn't restore pictures because they havent appeared aftore the restore was completed.

2. onya

onya Guest

If they are still on your system, try Start---> Search---> choose pictures,music, or video, then fill in the info as best as you remember. Be as specific as you can with names. Hopefully you'll find something, then take note on where they are using the directory info, or right click on the image and select open containing folder. Hope this helps out.

Cheers.

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

If you didnt empty your recycle bin, then they will still be there, along with a big Restore button. Lol. Apart from that, you can try his suggestion ^^
    If that fails and these are rly prescious to you, then get your HDD examined by an expert recovery person to see for sure. Chances are they are still there somewhere...

4. bkim

bkim Member

lol i doubt the pictures are THAT important to get your HDD examined by an expert recovery person.
    i bet they're expensive

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's not for you to say, now is it? I spose it is quite important, but maybe the photos arent replacable etc. Don't post junk.

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

Nah, they were deleted from the recycle bin. I tried doing the search just in case it was stored in another area that i didnt know about...no luck. Thanks for the help tho.

7. radoo

radoo Guest

Why don't you try "Stellar Phoenix FAT Data recovery Software" or the NTFS data recovery (this programs are on torrents) :)

8. fulhack

fulhack Member

I believe there's a small exe called "restoration" you could download and "un-delete" files with. Works great on flash memories, not sure how effective it is with larger drives. Freeware, its worth a try.