1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexplainable error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Xplorer4, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Ok so I have a few things to cover here

I needed to rip out 1 of my WD 2TB HDDs for warranty replacement and figured I would switch up my fans slightly for some better cooling on my HDDs. Anyways, put everything back together(minus 1HDD) and my RAID0 array of SSDs failed on one disc. I double checked connections and had no luck so I said heck with it and will start from scratch.

Now I did a secure erase on both SSDs after deleting the raid and reinstalled win 7 as usual. So I get in windows and I noticed that one of my 1TBs was not showing up. Checked connections over and over, still not showing up EXCEPT in the BIOS.

So I planned to work on getting Windows updates, drivers, apps, etc back the way they belong. I rebooted a few times, no problems. Then, out of the blue it throws me an error "SOJVZ not found"(spaces are prolly irrelevant but just stating the exact error message. A google search turned up nothing relevant in the least. I boot in to BIOS and tweak the boot order, same error. Tried a few reboots, finally windows boots.

Ok so now I am in windows but needed to reboot again for whatever reason. Reboot, same error. I try disconnecting the other HDDs(cables were plugged in to controller ports just not HDDs) and reboot. Same error. Tried a few reboots and now it says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected drive and press a key."

Right now I am using Firefox in parted Magic. From withing pmagic, I checked SMART attributes, they are fine. I loaded gparted in pmagic, and it does not even appear as though there is a RAID array installed but yet my BIOS says the array is just fine.

I am baffled as to what the heck is going on here and what a "SOJVZ" is. I may be way off, but I am wondering if the latest Intel chipset drivers are at fault. I believe that was the last thing I did. Any ideas what is going on here?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. LDee

LDee Regular member

Does sound strange, my first thought is that the problem is with the chipset and/or raid drivers. When it was all set up and working before you sent the WD back, did you install that setup yourself?