1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Unfortunate Google Play Has stopped ?

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Isilva55, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Isilva55

Isilva55 Newbie

Hi guys,i just got my first Android TV Boxes and on both of them a notice pops up on the screen:
    Unfortunate Google Play Has stopped ? any help on removing this annoying notice.

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i just acknowledge i saw it by pressing ok or using keyboard,i also got it on my phone.

just reading things on a google search

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. piopat

piopat Active member

i have myself noticed a few issues with the playstore , however im not aware of any fixes . but one is where playstore just hangs and wont open or another is that it just goes to a white screen . the only way around this i found was to go to settings and then apps and go to the playstore app , open it and then select CLEAR DATA CACHE .

now that is for the playstore APP only not for kodi so please be careful .

what that does is in affect is put the app back to a sort of factory settings state , meaning before you entered your google username and password etc . that for me clears the problems mentioned above all be it they can return and if so the same fix applies . funnily enough found that when you clear the playstore data cache that you can then access the playstore and download without having to log in .

so its worth clearing the playstore data cache and seeing if it fixes the problem , it cant do any harm .

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

think mine has 2 sections data and cache as i cleared cache pop up came up,then cleared data and no pop up cheers m8

5. piopat

piopat Active member

hi cacti mate how are you . yes there is a regular cache and a data cache in all android apps . if you clear the regular cache it just deletes unneeded temporary files and junk files etc . so useful for keeping memory usage down . but the data cache clears everything . for example in kodi if you clicked to clear the regular cache unwanted / unneeded junk files would be removed but that is all . if you clicked on clear data all your kodi addons , settings or passwords in kodi etc etc would be removed GONE . in essence your kodi would be empty and as it was when first installed .

clearing the data cache for play store is not as severe lol , really you just erase your google username and password which you can re enter .

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

hi m8 yes better now that i bought 2 better android boxes and nearly sure data and cache are ticked for keeping these boxes running.
    have 1 box no kodi lol