1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uninstall mcafee

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by kidd74, Jan 20, 2007.

1. kidd74

kidd74 Member

I just subscribed to rogers high speed and it comes with norton anti-virus, however i cant install norton because i cant get rid of mcafee. Ive completed all the reg. steps to uninstall software (add/remove programs etc.) my mcafee disk dosent have an uninstall program, and i cant find an uninstall program anywhere. actually Ive searched for mcafee on my hard drive and no longer find it anywhere. But when I try to install norton it tells me mcafee is still there. Im about to format my drive and start from scratch but i would rather not. any help on this one? Ive found programs on the net that offer free scans and say they can fix the problem..of course you have to pay to fix, and I dont trust any of them. any help on this one?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. bkf

bkf Guest

The un install program from mcafee can be an interesting critter. people have lost many things to it. I would back up your system before using it. I have some 200 posts in their forum and to this day never got a straight answer. They blew it bad with no way to recover. I spent a week in the registry to kill it and it's finally gone. It is a very invasive program.

Edit; Today is mt last test day for AVG. So today im sending them some money to keep
    them active, They do all I want without any questions

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

avg is still free