1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Salvador_, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Salvador_

Salvador_ Member

Hey can you guys help me...
    I have Windows XP Professional and I want to format my C: but there's no way to do this I tried the ms dos command and everything... so how can i uninstall windows XP ? i didnt have any other OS before this one... so recurring to the Add Remove Programs doesnt work also !

Please help thks !

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

lol i can tell your new to this sort of thing.

what exactly is it that you want to format the hard drive for? do you want to reinstall windows XP? or are you wanting to install another operating system.

also you do realise that formatting means wiping absoloutly everything including windows xp from your hard drive right?

3. Salvador_

Salvador_ Member

well im not quite new... but i never had the need to do this... ! yeah i know that everything will be wiped off my harddrive thats why only windows XP is in C:, the other things like programs, movies etc... are in other partition of the disk!
    yes what i want is to format the partition where windows XP is and then reinstall it again !...
    tks for the help

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

in that case then all you need to do is slap your windows xp cd in the cd drive when you boot your pc up. boot from the cd and just reinstall xp. it gives you the option to wipe the hard drive during the setup.

however even if you have got all of your programs on a seperate partition they wont work when you reinstall windows. youll have to install all the programs again.

5. Salvador_

Salvador_ Member

yeah i know i dont actually have the programs in other partition... in the separate partition what i have is the installers of all programs i use so no problem ! thanks for helpling

6. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

any time