1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uninstalling software

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Clemons, May 11, 2003.

1. Clemons

Clemons Member

Yes, I have Adaptec CD Creator 4 on my computer's program list, but I would like to install Roxio CD/DVD Creator 6 on my computer. Everytime I try to install this new version, my computer tells me to uninstall the old version. I've tried going to the programs list and then to the cancel/remove step, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hello
    Within the Setup of Roxio 6 you should be able to uninstal older versions. This window comes up and asks if you are sure you want to remove old versions. Does Roxio4 appear in the Program menu to be uninstaled? If not then go into Program files and delete all the files in the Roxio and associated files in the Adaptec folder. Becareful not to delete files for other Roxio programs like PhotoSuite. The Savest thing to do is create a folder in My Documents call Problems and move all the possible Roxio4 files there. Then install Roxio6 and if later when tring to run other programs if you run into an error, you can move that error can not find file back. See if this works.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2003