1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unjailbreak/update jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by dizzxy, Jul 29, 2010.

1. dizzxy

dizzxy Member

I have ipod touch 3.12 8gb blackra1n jailbreak.

I want to, as the title suggests, unjailbreak, update to 3.13 and rejailbreak, or just update my jailbreak(pretty sure this isnt possible, but im desperate, and hopeful).

The problem: I cant restore my ipod to a official apple ipod firmware(even tried DFU mode)
    because i constantly get an error. Apple now connects to its servers to check the integrity of the restoration of ur ipod to prevent downgrades and "my device isnt elligible" for the restore. Im guessing what happened was some system file was altered and the security check can not find the file it was looking for, so even though i am not downgrading i cannot proceed with the restore.

Does anyone know a work around to this? =[

2. Link2205

Link2205 Regular member

Hi! ^o^

I didn't think apple were signing 2g ipod touch restores? o.0 So you should be able to restore to 3.1.3 normally. Is it an error you're getting when you've selected the firmware to restore to when you're getting the problem? o.0 What error code are you getting?

Try uninstalling itunes and reinstalling itunes 9.0.3 which you can download from here. That was the version that was released when 3.1.3 was and if you haven't got it already, here's where to get the 3.1.3 firmware from.

You could try updating the firmware with a custom firmware, which you can create with sn0wbreeze 1.5.2. This will restore your device already jailbroken and already have Cydia on the springboard.

If you can let me know what error code you're getting when you try to restore, I'll see if I can help! ^o^

Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010