1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by carpcrew, Apr 19, 2005.

1. carpcrew

carpcrew Guest

hi , im after some info on bios, im running x3 chip build 3029 , xbox v-1.6. ive installed evox v 2.5 and seems ok but when i use check bios it shows bios unknown ? . i can ftp using flash fxp no problem but when i click on d; i get drive c files , i would of thought if i had no disc in drive d then id get no files shown?. have i forgotten somthingsimple or have i got a problem, thanks .

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the reason your bios is showing as unkown is because you have not put the info into the evox.ini file.

3. carpcrew

carpcrew Guest

thanx for the info. im quite new to this so could you help me sort it out, ie ; is the bios in the evox auto install disc ive got and if so how do i enter it into xbox ,{ im still trying to get my head round bios - ftp etc }. cheers .

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

use xbtool on your pc and copy the info hash to a clipboard...then simply open up the evox.ini file on your pc and insert the info hash, you will see all the other bios's so it should be pretty self explanatory when you see how the other's are listed.