1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown file system?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by tidy, Feb 1, 2005.

1. tidy

tidy Member

Hi people,
    i have a viper chip loaded with the cobra 0.4 bios in an ntsc rev 1.0 cube,drive version 2001/06/08(61) gc ver.code 26.Everything ok until i swap the discs,then a blank screen.The disc explorer tells me my burnt image is an "unknown file system" any ideas??
    Thanks in advance

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

You can try booting it up with another original gc disc and see if it works. Did your backup ever work before or is this the first backup you tryed? Try a different boot disc or maybe you burned it wrong.

3. tidy

tidy Member

this is the first time ive tried the chip.Tried with numerous different boot discs and different media is on the to do list.Im using Nero 6.6.0.6 following methods used by people who have working back-ups.
    Thanks for your reply CLiPsEmX.

4. YM2151

YM2151 Member

You burned the GCM as a Mode 1 2048 ISO right? Not burned the file on a disc? Have you made sure your ISO you are burning is intact? Either by streaming the game with a PSO method, or opening it in a GCM explorer like GCTool?

5. tidy

tidy Member

The isos are intact YM2151,gonna try even more media and also the laser tweak when i'm home this weekend.
    Thanks for your reply

6. tidy

tidy Member

Ive finally had time to tweak the laser.Was set at 414 ohms,adjusted to 200 ohms works like a dream :) although i haven't played anything for any length of time yet.I'll report back after playtesting a few of my back-ups.